Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
oblique strategies

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:48 am

djgroovy wrote:Well, since mine is so humble, i decided to make the photo all artsy. :mrgreen:

2 lcd's, rack-mount custom pc, adam a7's, nocturn, apc40, 49 midi keys, some acoustic treatment & software.
Cat's in there too.
I like the desk: how it slides the music keyboard under the computer keyboard. Is it something from Ikea, or ?

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 am

Yes it is Ikea, Galant iirc. It's modular, so you can keep adding to it.
But i had to modify that keyboard sliding shelf, make it lower, because it was meant for the pc keyboard and didn't have enough height.
Works great like this.

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks for the info :)

jesso

Post by jesso » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:58 am

Highly recommend the Avantones. Essential in my opinion. They keep my feet on the ground! (mix wise)

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:50 am

I received my new iMac 27 inch i7 8GB Ram and a trackpad today :mrgreen:

Image Image

djgroovy

Post by djgroovy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 am

Rave wrote:I received my new iMac 27 inch i7 8GB Ram and a trackpad today :mrgreen:
Go ahead, rub it in! 8)

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm

djgroovy wrote:
Rave wrote:I received my new iMac 27 inch i7 8GB Ram and a trackpad today :mrgreen:
Go ahead, rub it in! 8)
:lol:

I need to paint the room now and put in some sound treatment :oops:

ttaralli

Post by ttaralli » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Great setup Rave! I'm thinking about buying a Euphoinx and I was wondering if you ever try using it with Ableton, or if you use it with another program? I've heard there are problems with it running with Live, and unfortuantly I don't have the room for a Mackie COntrol. I was even considering using the Euphoinx with Logic if that's what I need to do, but I really need a hi-end mixing surface for mixing. So I'm still not sure what to go with.

T

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 pm

ttaralli wrote:Great setup Rave! I'm thinking about buying a Euphoinx and I was wondering if you ever try using it with Ableton, or if you use it with another program? I've heard there are problems with it running with Live, and unfortuantly I don't have the room for a Mackie COntrol. I was even considering using the Euphoinx with Logic if that's what I need to do, but I really need a hi-end mixing surface for mixing. So I'm still not sure what to go with.

T

Thanks. The Euphonix works with live but it is limited to just the faders, pans and transport. Ideally you need a DAW with EUCON support like Cubase, Logic , PT etc... I have cubase too. A lot of people mix their projects in another DAW any how so your options are open :)

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Rave wrote:
ttaralli wrote:Great setup Rave! I'm thinking about buying a Euphoinx and I was wondering if you ever try using it with Ableton, or if you use it with another program? I've heard there are problems with it running with Live, and unfortuantly I don't have the room for a Mackie COntrol. I was even considering using the Euphoinx with Logic if that's what I need to do, but I really need a hi-end mixing surface for mixing. So I'm still not sure what to go with.

T

Thanks. The Euphonix works with live but it is limited to just the faders, pans and transport. Ideally you need a DAW with EUCON support like Cubase, Logic , PT etc... I have cubase too. A lot of people mix their projects in another DAW any how so your options are open :)
is that why you didn't get the MCControl and just opted for more faders? congrats on the new setup.. that I7 puts my macpro to shame!!

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:19 pm

That is correct.

I will be posting benchmarks later once I have set everything up. :) I am still downloading 8.1.4 :oops:

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Benchmark using 8.1.5 = 10%. I am chuffed to bits with this result. I am can jam happily at low latencies now. Good times :mrgreen:

marconk

Post by marconk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Blew almost all my money on my xones, love them though, being 13 and into music production is sjdkalshd. I'm looking next to either a launchpad or building an arduinome

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

marconk wrote:Image

Blew almost all my money on my xones, love them though, being 13 and into music production is sjdkalshd. I'm looking next to either a launchpad or building an arduinome
Wow, you are very lucky to have that gear at such a tender age. Nice one :)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

No kidding, life could be worse!