Why does Live not respond to midi cc's in trigger/normal...

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
TechLo

Why does Live not respond to midi cc's in trigger/normal...

Post by TechLo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm

...mode (high value sent by controller, nothing sent on release) sent via buttons? Every other host I've tried responds just fine. This is for unassigned midi ccs sent straight to a VST, not midi-mapped in Live. I have to set buttons to "Toggle" mode on my controllers to get them to work in Live, which isn't ideal for all instances. I don't know, but I've found that setting up controllers to work directly with VSTs in Live darn near impossible, where it's a breeze in other hosts like Sonar or Reaper. You can't use midi-mapping for something like Kontakt where the knobs and buttons in the performance view can control different parameters in Kontakt based on the scripting, but you can use midi ccs sent straight to Kontakt where the script redirects the midi information to the correct parameter. "Trigger" button mode on a Kore controller, for example, will register in Live during midi-mapping, but then doesn't register any midi info. once midi-mapping is turned off.

So, any idea why midi button messages that only send info on the down press but not on the release don't work in Live?

0fps

Re: Why does Live not respond to midi cc's in trigger/normal...

Post by 0fps » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:26 pm

I didn't got really well what u got, but I don't think that has something to do with Live. Maybe u should give a try to one of relative modes that Live offers for MIDI mapping. When in MIDImap mode check the bottom left edge of the window.
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer