.asd files.....UGHHHHH!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tobybennett

.asd files.....UGHHHHH!!!

Post by tobybennett » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:12 pm

I really don't understand asd files. Sometimes when I move a track and it's asd file, my warp markers are gone. I always save after adding warp markers. I'm now making a new iTunes library with just DJ tracks instead of using a folder structure. Could the engineers at Ableton somehow embed the asd into the track itself? Or, maybe create one folder where all asd files are stored and tell Live where they are in Preferences. There is nothing more frustrating than opening a track when you're DJing and it has no warp markers. I think my ideas are good ones, but I'm notsure if they're possible....

0fps

Re: .asd files.....UGHHHHH!!!

Post by 0fps » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 pm

U mean that u lost warp markers when u move a clip from a track to another?
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer

stonee

Post by stonee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:19 pm

tobybennett wrote: create one folder where all asd files are stored and tell Live where they are in Preferences. There is nothing more frustrating than opening a track when you're DJing and it has no warp markers.
tobybennett wrote: create one folder where all asd files are stored and tell Live where they are in Preferences. There is nothing more frustrating than opening a track when you're DJing and it has no warp markers.

THIS

0fps

Post by 0fps » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Track in Live is maybe an audio or MIDI track or a whole song. In my computer, Live doesn't "losts" the warping and clip settings by moving the audio alongside with the analysis files. Anyway, u can put by yourself all of your tunes into a specific folder and then with a right click on the folders icon at the Live Browser choose Analyze Audio (in case u don't know itsa a time saviour).
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer

tobybennett

Post by tobybennett » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:21 am

I've organized my tracks in a folder structure before but with my library growing every day, I decided to use iTunes since it allows you to sort your tracks in so many ways. This isn't an on-going problem, I just thought that the guys at Ableton could maybe comment on the future of asd files.

_tones

Post by _tones » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm

beyond fate

Post by beyond fate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am

hey toby!! can you please help me with my post??