Broken mpk25, hlp plz!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Isturite-

Broken mpk25, hlp plz!

Post by Isturite- » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I generally take very good care of my gear but I had my keyboard on my lap and my gf's cat jumps on my back with his claws and down goes the keyboard... lands on the usb cord and breaks the port on my mpk... it's only the usb port that's broken, so it should be easy to fix... I don't know how to solder and would prefer not to break it trying to do it with no experience... called instrument and computer repair shops and nobody knows what in the hell a midi keyboard is and says for me to call the manufacturer

I've looked absolutely everywhere and everybody tells me just send it back to Akai, but I work 8am-7pm five days a week and they close at like 4, and if i try to call at my lunch the hold time is always longer than my lunch (1 hr lunch)... even then, I don't want to wait a month to send my keyboard to akai just to get a $2 part replaced... ill pay a little money for repair if it means getting it sooner (I was writing a really bomb track when it broke... didn't get a chance to actually record it)

Is there anything I can do about this? who should i be contacting other than Akai, they take FOREVER! anybody have any recommendations??
Kevin Welch
[Isturite]

http://www.soundcloud.com/isturite

Mr Man

Re: Broken mpk25, hlp plz!

Post by Mr Man » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:21 pm

you want to open it up to see where its broken. has the usb port broken the pcb board that its attached to? if not then just ask akai for the replacement part and find someone who can desolder the old and on with the new. you could do it if you bought a solder iron and a desolder sucker thingy!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:08 am

open it up, take a picture and post it. take it into a repair shop and show them, if they can't fix it they should be ashamed of themselves. I can probably show you which part to order from Digikey.com.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

gosinisha

Post by gosinisha » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 am

find a good recipe how to make a cat deep fried in the oven and make it for dinner.
thinkpadT520/win7.64/studioONE2/firefaceUC/akaiMPKmini/VSTinstruments/sampleCDs