Sasha's Involver series.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
funky shit

Sasha's Involver series.

Post by funky shit » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

go buy or whatever if you havent already.

Involver being the best IMO, but Invol2ver is also brilliant.

nebulae

Re: Sasha's Involver series.

Post by nebulae » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

Involver was on repeat play in my CD player for like a year. Invol2ver not so much, but the first one was great. His first record, Airdrawndagger, was hugely underrated...prolly because people expected Tiesto bullshit and got a brilliant downtempo electronic record.

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:57 pm

+1 on Airdrawn Dagger, great album.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

His use of reverbs on Air and Involver are just amazing. If you listen closely, he knows just how to place a sound to create an emotion. Someone who was way into Sasha 10 years before I even heard of him put it best...he said, "Sasha's best DJ days may be behind him, but his best production days are ahead."

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:23 am

agreed. cloud cuckoo is one of my fav tracks of all time.

keep it in context though [and not taking away from sasha]. when you have charlie may in your corner its hard to make a bad record. i believe charlie does a lot of the heavy lifting around the studio.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 am

nuperspective wrote:agreed. cloud cuckoo is one of my fav tracks of all time.

keep it in context though [and not taking away from sasha]. when you have charlie may in your corner its hard to make a bad record. i believe charlie does a lot of the heavy lifting around the studio.
definatly.

Lostep - Burma (sasha remix) is one of my favourite tracks of all time

automapper

Post by automapper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 am

Most of Sasha's is topshelf, never gets old. Don't forget the xpander EP that was tight.

simonlb

Post by simonlb » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Great stuff, glad people are still in touch with this great music... Prog and Sasha might not be cool anymore but these are masterpieces whatever genre they might be!

One thing though - I just can't stand the Felix Da Housecat remix on Involver, no matter how much I try. It almost ruins the whole thing for me. If I ignore that then I think Involver is SLIGHTLY stronger than Invol2ver, more blissful moments.

FundacionNYC is also very good although it's more of a straight-up DJ mix... straight-up by Sasha's standards at least! The Holden & Thompson - Come To Me bit gives me shivers.

Never got into Airdrawndagger though, I wouldn't call it anything more than "nice".

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 pm

i actually like it

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Airdrawn dagger ftw. I have some really nice vinyl remixes too.

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:27 am

simonlb wrote:Great stuff, glad people are still in touch with this great music... Prog and Sasha might not be cool anymore but these are masterpieces whatever genre they might be!

One thing though - I just can't stand the Felix Da Housecat remix on Involver, no matter how much I try. It almost ruins the whole thing for me. If I ignore that then I think Involver is SLIGHTLY stronger than Invol2ver, more blissful moments.

FundacionNYC is also very good although it's more of a straight-up DJ mix... straight-up by Sasha's standards at least! The Holden & Thompson - Come To Me bit gives me shivers.

Never got into Airdrawndagger though, I wouldn't call it anything more than "nice".
yeah the felix remix????????? no idea about that choice

theoriva

Post by theoriva » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 am

nuperspective wrote:
simonlb wrote:Great stuff, glad people are still in touch with this great music... Prog and Sasha might not be cool anymore but these are masterpieces whatever genre they might be!

yeah the felix remix????????? no idea about that choice
oh, but the Felix remix is HUGE!!! I really love it, it adds a bit of a club feel to the whole set...just to remind you who Sasha is :twisted:

automapper

Post by automapper » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:21 am

I like them all, but Northern exposure 2 has got to be the most epic for dj sets, followed second by GU san Fran. (involver series aside of course.) Burma is the best track of all time!!! nothing even comes close.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am

good to see the forum still has a bit of taste :wink:

Cryptic UK

Post by Cryptic UK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:49 am

automapper wrote:Most of Sasha's is topshelf, never gets old. Don't forget the xpander EP that was tight.
Yeah, xpander has memories for me.
First two northern exposures also.
Drums