collect all and save as default option in preferences

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
flowdesigner

collect all and save as default option in preferences

Post by flowdesigner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:52 pm

collect all and save as default option in preferences :wink:

H20nly

Re: collect all and save as default option in preferences

Post by H20nly » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:09 pm

for me... this would work well. since our music is original, so by default it should be all inclusive to the project folder.

for peeps that use loop libraries and such, they could end up with a lot of copies of the same pieces of audio all over their hard drives. it could get messy on the those drunken music days or when you can't decide which of your 27 favorite drum samples that you want to play at the BPM of the day.

I foresee thread titles about Ableton Live eating hard drives for breakfast and assorted shite that basically points to poor sound tank management.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm

H20nly wrote:for me... this would work well. since our music is original, so by default it should be all inclusive to the project folder.

for peeps that use loop libraries and such, they could end up with a lot of copies of the same pieces of audio all over their hard drives. it could get messy on the those drunken music days or when you can't decide which of your 27 favorite drum samples that you want to play at the BPM of the day.

I foresee thread titles about Ableton Live eating hard drives for breakfast and assorted shite that basically points to poor sound tank management.

Reason 5 self-contains every rns. including refills, I think that is good

twistedblues

Post by twistedblues » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Is there a way to set it as default yet? I was a dumbass a while back and saved songs without doing "collect all and save" and lost samples from a hard drive crash and thought I would have the samples backed up in the Live projects.. ooops

if not. I hope they add it in a update for fools like myself.

jobinho

Post by jobinho » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:43 pm

please make this a feature!

twistedblues

Post by twistedblues » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Yes. Collect all and save default setting.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:42 pm

I ended up using OSX keyboard short cuts to map SHIFT+CMD+S to "Collect All and Save" in Live, and then SHIFT+CMD+M for "Manage Project" as well. That way I can save everything with a key command, and then open the project management to clear out any unused files immediately afterwards.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:25 pm

H20nly wrote: for peeps that use loop libraries and such, they could end up with a lot of copies of the same pieces of audio all over their hard drives. it could get messy on the those drunken music days or when you can't decide which of your 27 favorite drum samples that you want to play at the BPM of the day.
These are probably the same peeps who open old sessions only to see that the loop they had on their drive a year ago is missing because a few months back they deleted old loop libraries to make room for new ones.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

Shokol8

Post by Shokol8 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

+1
Shokol8
Paris, Bristol
MBP i5 2.3Gh 8GB 500SSD, 1TB HDD
Sierra Suite 9.7 Edirol FA101
CME VX5, Irig Keys Pro
APC40/Push 1
Ipad Air, Alesis I/O dock, NI S4 & F1
http://soundcloud.com/dr_goldsylver-fastfinger