Current Beta Version: 8.1.6b4 (updated August 27, 2010)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Amaury

Current Beta Version: 8.1.6b4 (updated August 27, 2010)

Post by Amaury » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 pm

The current beta version of Live is 8.1.6b4

OS X: http://downloads.ableton.com/software/8 ... _816b4.dmg
Windows: http://downloads.ableton.com/software/8 ... _816b4.zip

Kind regards,
Amaury

---------------------

Bugfixes

- Fixed a crash that occurred when trying to open a certain kind of corrupt document

- Disabled editing the value of a VST plug-in parameter via the computer keyboard (only in the Ableton view of the plugin, not in the plugin's own interface). The VST specification doesn't allow Live to set the value correctly.

- Fixed a crash that happened on a Mac whenever the number of channels for the opened audio interface would change. For example, changing the sample rate for some devices would implicitly change the number of inputs and/or outputs.

- Fixed the drawing of notes while recording a MIDI clip in the Arrangement view.

- Fixed many issues that caused memory corruption when using Complex Pro. A bug that made 192Khz files sound distorted when stretched with Complex Pro has also been corrected.

Bridge-related fix:

- Setting the song position in Live while Live is in the Ableton player in SSL, and in INT mode, was not possible.
- As a consequence, resume (SHIFT Space bar) was not working.
- Now, restarting the Live transport, from within Live or from a controller attached to Live, always re-triggers Session view clips.

8.1.6b3: http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148256
Ableton Product Team

Coupe70

Re: Current Beta Version: 8.1.6b4 (updated August 27, 2010)

Post by Coupe70 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 pm

We have now decided to:

* suspend all development towards new features while the whole team joins forces to address the current issues. This effort is open ended and will result in a free Live 8 update;
As you are now working on the implementation of the bridge,
I take it that the mentioned effort has ended ?
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

diablodale

Post by diablodale » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

I've an active beta tester for Bridge. I d/l'd b4 at the request of one of your engineers to see if a bug was fixed. What I discovered, is that it is now very difficult for me to open an ableton set.

1. install 8.1.6b4 on Win7 x64 Ultimate
2. Run ableton
3. File Open ableton set
4. select a set

result:
The set doesn't consistently load. The cursor forever shows the "I'm busy circle" and the UI is unresponsive

expected:
the ableton set to load

workaround:
none known.

Notes:
If I wait several minutes, sometimes the set will load. Other times, it loads immediately. It is somewhat unpredictable. In 8.1.5 and before, I've never experienced this loading problem. I have submitted an ALP bug report at the bugs email address. The report was generated after I killed Ableton with task manager and restarted ableton.

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 pm

diablodale wrote:I've an active beta tester for Bridge. I d/l'd b4 at the request of one of your engineers to see if a bug was fixed. What I discovered, is that it is now very difficult for me to open an ableton set.

1. install 8.1.6b4 on Win7 x64 Ultimate
2. Run ableton
3. File Open ableton set
4. select a set

result:
The set doesn't consistently load. The cursor forever shows the "I'm busy circle" and the UI is unresponsive

expected:
the ableton set to load

workaround:
none known.

Notes:
If I wait several minutes, sometimes the set will load. Other times, it loads immediately. It is somewhat unpredictable. In 8.1.5 and before, I've never experienced this loading problem. I have submitted an ALP bug report at the bugs email address. The report was generated after I killed Ableton with task manager and restarted ableton.
Hi,

I'm not really an engineer :) but I wrote this post in the Serato forum.

Does this problem happen with any set, or is it just one specific set that you can't open? If so, could you send me that set by email, without samples?

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

diablodale

Post by diablodale » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:31 pm

I did experience it with at least one other set. I just now tried both sets and they are currently loading after several seconds. Right now, I wouldn't consider the bug repro'ing. Since my earlier post, I haven't rebooted or logged out. The laptop did go to sleep and I woke it. Its these cases which, I know, are difficult to isolate or even consider an issue. I will continue to watch and try to get a consistent repro.

I'll send you the set via email to the addy you list.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:26 pm

does b4 have the popup modal dialog box each time you open Live?

slirak

Post by slirak » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 am

timothyallan wrote:does b4 have the popup modal dialog box each time you open Live?
ya'bet'ya!

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 am

Then I bid it good day!

bagginz

Post by bagginz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:00 pm

timothyallan wrote:Then I bid it good day!
+1