No fades on clip edges ?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
thefunktopus

No fades on clip edges ?

Post by thefunktopus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey yet another question for you, as I can't seem to get this to work. In the preferences menu the button for creating fades on clip edges is on, so I am not sure why its not working. I notice it a lot on kicks and bass and have to trim everything by hand with EQ which is very time intensive and frustrating. Anybody experience similar issues?

thanks

outershpongolia

Re: No fades on clip edges ?

Post by outershpongolia » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 pm

ShelLuser wrote:I'm not fully sure, but afaik that option is only reflected in the arrangement view. So if 2 clips are next to each other Live will automatically apply a short 'volume fade'.
I thought I could hear a difference in session view also, it fades the beginning and end of your loops so there aren't any clips/pops incase the loops aren't cut at a zero point or whatever - hadn't used it until recently because I suspected it was the source of one of my problems but it ended up being something else - it has been a nice quick fix tool here and there when chopping stuff up and rearranging in arrangement view.

thefunktopus

Re: No fades on clip edges ?

Post by thefunktopus » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 am

Yea something else I have noticed is one group of clips might be fine in one section of the track, with no pops or clicks, then when I copy and paste the same clips to another section of the track, it starts to clip on the edges in certain parts. ? ?