Odd Audio Delay

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
same3chords

Odd Audio Delay

Post by same3chords » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I just downloaded the Trial version of Live, and I'd like to get this set up and work out any kinks before the 30 days run out. Right now, I've plugged my Yamaha keyboard into the Line In jack on the back of my computer, and Live does recognize the keyboard and can tell when I'm playing. However, when I 'arm' the track to play like it says to in the tutorial, all the notes I play get played twice, once when I play it, and once a half-second after.

I configured the Buffer Latency, and that seems to have an effect on it. When I set the latency all the way up, the pause between the two notes gets longer. I've set the buffer as low as possible and adjusted the Driver Compensation to match, and that's made the two notes happen almost at the same time, but there's still a small delay in the second one.

Is there something else I need to do? Can I mute one of the instances so I can at least keep rhythm properly?

jok

Re: Odd Audio Delay

Post by jok » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Same3chords,

do you use a Mac or PC? If on a PC, please make sure to use an ASIO driver. If you´re working with your onboard soundcard, please use asio4all:
www.asio4all.com

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

same3chords

Post by same3chords » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Okay, I downloaded ASIO4ALL. Now Ableton doesn't recognize the input from my keyboard at all. At least I don't think it does. The bars that used to flash green/yellow/red when I play don't do anything now, whether the track is armed or not.

When I open up Ableton, I get a ASIO4ALL window as well. There are two WDM Devices listed on the ASIO4All window:
ATI HDMI Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Changing which one is selected doesn't seem to change anything, and neither does checking/unchecking any of the options (like "Always Resample at 44.1kHz").

Oh, and I'm running Windows Vista. Please ask if there's more information I can provide to help you.

jok

Post by jok » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 am

Hi same3chords,

ASIO4ALL is an audio driver, it should not have an impact on MIDI input.
Please try, if disabling the switches related to the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth output port in Live´s preferences/Midi/Sync helps.

Best,
Jörg
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

same3chords

Post by same3chords » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Here's what I'm looking at: http://imgur.com/9yXTO.png
Is that correct?

I tried changing the Track, Sync, and Remote on in different combinations and that didn't change anything either.