waves plug-ins crash Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spookynote

waves plug-ins crash Live

Post by spookynote » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:15 am

whenever i use Waves plug-ins with Live i always get random crashes (usually when adding/deleting a track or plug-in). anyone else finding this to be the case? it's happening to me on both the VST and AU versions.

I'm running:
Mac OS X 10.5.8
Ableton 8.1.5
Waves Complete 7

cacti

Re: waves plug-ins crash Live

Post by cacti » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 am

Dont use cracked plugins.

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:48 am

au=crash lots.
vst=crash not very much.
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:04 am

Use the VSTs versions.

Waves themselves say on the website than their AU version is not supposed to work with Live.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:13 am

what the hell is Waves Complete 7??? that doesn't even exist! waves plugins are some of the most stable plugins i've ever used.

ianbross

Post by ianbross » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:19 am

Listen everyone, there REALLY is a problem with Waves 7 plugins and Ableton Live 8. It has nothing to do with cracks. I own the Mercury bundle from Waves and a Mac Pro tower and a Macbook pro. I have tried 10.5 and 10.6 OS X. and There are random crashes with the VST version of the Waves plugins in Ableton. All software is updated to the latest.

Why haven't many people complained? maybe waves plugins are just too expensive and nobody buys them anyways?

I can't speak for windows at all. All my experience is on Macs.

If you have any info for me please send along to ian.bercov.ross@gmail.com

ark

Post by ark » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 am

FWIW, Cakewalk z3ta+ crashes Live 8 also. Ableton has acknowledged the problem but hasn't fixed it yet.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:01 am

ianbross wrote:Listen everyone, there REALLY is a problem with Waves 7 plugins and Ableton Live 8. It has nothing to do with cracks. I own the Mercury bundle from Waves and a Mac Pro tower and a Macbook pro. I have tried 10.5 and 10.6 OS X. and There are random crashes with the VST version of the Waves plugins in Ableton. All software is updated to the latest.

Why haven't many people complained? maybe waves plugins are just too expensive and nobody buys them anyways?

That's because you use Cracked Waves plugins on a Cracked Ableton Live !! :twisted:

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:05 am

ianbross wrote:Listen everyone, there REALLY is a problem with Waves 7 plugins and Ableton Live 8. It has nothing to do with cracks. I own the Mercury bundle from Waves and a Mac Pro tower and a Macbook pro. I have tried 10.5 and 10.6 OS X. and There are random crashes with the VST version of the Waves plugins in Ableton. All software is updated to the latest.

I have gold 7 and they are stable now. They didn't used to be. Maybe there are some specific plugins that are causing it?

raw

Post by raw » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 am

Hi, I have all Waves 7 plugins, OSX 10.6.4, Live 8.2.1 and there's no problem, no crash.. Ask to the Waves support, if you have a real license, you can have the support.

ianbross

Post by ianbross » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:35 am

raw, there is no way you're not getting crashes if you're actually using the plugins and opening up more than a few instantiations. How long have you had the Waves plugins installed? The good news is that Waves V8 seems to be better. i'm not sure yet but so far not one crash.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 am

McQ714 wrote:what the hell is Waves Complete 7??? that doesn't even exist! waves plugins are some of the most stable plugins i've ever used.
Probably a warez bundle :)

BTW - anyone using the Wave SSL 4K channel strips, eqs etc bundle?
Guess its the kind of thing people only get if they like SSL channel strips...
Nothing to see here - move along!