911 was an inside job ?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

Was 911 an inside job ?

Of course
32%
Possibly
22%
Probably
17%
I don't think so
12%
No
18%

Total votes: 60

McQ714

Re: 911 was an inside job ?

Post by McQ714 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 pm

leedsquietman wrote:The explosive conspiracy theory is well presented (seen it on 2 documentaries here) but don't forget that as well that there are many more architects who refuse to link themselves to the cause and who question it, there are probably 100,000 plus architects and engineers in the USA, the majority of whom do not associate themselves with this breakout group.

On the documentaries I saw other architects and engineers also countered that with their own plausible theories to suggest there was no explosive detonation (which also was well presented). I'm not a professional in these matters, so I can't say who is right, but to me, the numbers are important - on the total 1300 professionals being part of a group supporting conspiracy vs 100,000 who are not with it, with a significant number of those being completely against it.

It's a bit like watching some 'you the jury decide' on the documentaries I saw.

Apparentely none of you ever saw this issue of Popular Mechanics...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... ws/1227842

there was also a show on history or discovery, that tested some of the false claims made by the conspiracy theorists and that showed how a single steel beam became warped within a matter of minutes from a small jet fuel fire set underneath it. warped enough for a building the size of the world trade center to easily topple down under it's own weight.

the conspiracy theories have been disproven time and time again. what exactly are you guys looking for here??? how about you exert this much effort into shutting down the catholic church for the bullshit they've told (or kept secret from) the world for almost two milleniums?

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:18 pm

McQ714 wrote:the conspiracy theories have been disproven time and time again. what exactly are you guys looking for here??? how about you exert this much effort into shutting down the catholic church for the bullshit they've told (or kept secret from) the world for almost two milleniums?

Americans only respond to/with explosions. Until the Catholic church starts blowing up little boys we'll just react with forced disgust and our second favorite pastime of monetary lawsuits.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 pm

McQ714 wrote: Apparentely none of you ever saw this issue of Popular Mechanics...

there was also a show on history or discovery....
Apparently you're suggesting that it was written in Popular Mechanics and therefore it must be the final word? Same for History/Discovery?

If this is the case I'm wondering, why do you place so much faith in these information sources? Don't you think that these organizations have a vested interest in upholding the status quo? Do you think that these organizations, and more importantly their parent corporations, are truly willing to explore controversial subject matter?

One only has to watch a history channel or discovery channel special on Iraq to feel ashamed and annoyed.

For the record, note that I never stated which way I lean on this topic, I just want to point out that just because you watched it on the history channel, or just because you read it in Pop Mechanics, does not mean it is true or unbiased. Same goes for anything you might read on 9/11 truth.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:43 pm

McQ714 wrote:
leedsquietman wrote:The explosive conspiracy theory is well presented (seen it on 2 documentaries here) but don't forget that as well that there are many more architects who refuse to link themselves to the cause and who question it, there are probably 100,000 plus architects and engineers in the USA, the majority of whom do not associate themselves with this breakout group.

On the documentaries I saw other architects and engineers also countered that with their own plausible theories to suggest there was no explosive detonation (which also was well presented). I'm not a professional in these matters, so I can't say who is right, but to me, the numbers are important - on the total 1300 professionals being part of a group supporting conspiracy vs 100,000 who are not with it, with a significant number of those being completely against it.

It's a bit like watching some 'you the jury decide' on the documentaries I saw.

Apparentely none of you ever saw this issue of Popular Mechanics...

there was also a show on history or discovery, that tested some of the false claims made by the conspiracy theorists and that showed how a single steel beam became warped within a matter of minutes from a small jet fuel fire set underneath it. warped enough for a building the size of the world trade center to easily topple down under it's own weight.

the conspiracy theories have been disproven time and time again. what exactly are you guys looking for here??? how about you exert this much effort into shutting down the catholic church for the bullshit they've told (or kept secret from) the world for almost two milleniums?
The voice of a man who has never read anything that he wasn't told to read. Sad state of affairs when citizens become this misinformed and malleable,

digest this site then get back to us

http://www.journalof911studies.com/

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Emissary wrote:The voice of a man who has never read anything that he wasn't told to read. Sad state of affairs when citizens become this misinformed and malleable,

Wait, didn't you just tell him to read something?
Unsound Designer

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Emissary wrote:The voice of a man who has never read anything that he wasn't told to read. Sad state of affairs when citizens become this misinformed and malleable,

Wait, didn't you just tell him to read something?
:D

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Given that I AM a Catholic (albeit quite lapsed and to the liberal side) I am hardly going to campaign against the Catholic church. Although I am certainly for kicking out those who commit atrocities against children and whom stir up hatred against other religions and/or minorities.

And I was not advocating for conspiracy theories either ... you need to read again what I wrote. I said a couple of thousand architects and engineers believe the conspiracy theory vs a hundred thousand or more who do not. All I said was that it was interesting to see both sides in the documentary - this does not translate into "I believe in conspiracy theories".
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:38 am

smutek wrote:For the record, note that I never stated which way I lean on this topic, I just want to point out that just because you watched it on the history channel, or just because you read it in Pop Mechanics, does not mean it is true or unbiased. Same goes for anything you might read on 9/11 truth.

that just means you're a pussy! have a fucking opinion on something and make it known.

and it had nothing to do with the fact that i saw it on history or discovery... i can't remember which it was. it was the fact that they actually showed some of the experiments that were done to disprove what the conspiracy theorists were saying. do the tests for yourself. go get a steel beam and a truck full of jet fuel. light a fire and watch the steel beam warp under the intense heat. to flat out accuse the government of destroying the lives of thousands of their own people.. how about you go say that at a NYC firemans convention and see what happens?

and for those of you who truly believe that your government could have possibly planned this and carried it out, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE? if that's what i believed, i could never stay here and support such a government with my tax money.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 am

McQ714 wrote:and for those of you who truly believe that your government could have possibly planned this and carried it out, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE? if that's what i believed, i could never stay here and support such a government with my tax money.
That's a pretty good point. Although it leaves out that possibility that one could believe that the government did it and that it was good thing.
Unsound Designer

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:45 am

stringtapper wrote:
McQ714 wrote:and for those of you who truly believe that your government could have possibly planned this and carried it out, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE? if that's what i believed, i could never stay here and support such a government with my tax money.
That's a pretty good point. Although it leaves out that possibility that one could believe that the government did it and that it was good thing.
well it did preserve the american way of life for a few more decades and also put the only country that hasn't passed peak oil (iraq) into the hands of the self titled "good guys" . make of that what you will.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:10 am

McQ714 wrote: that just means you're a pussy! have a fucking opinion on something and make it known.
Thank you for the insightful response, I was beginning to think that you were a crude and uneducated person, bereft of any critical thinking skills.

I'm curious, I just asked a few questions to add to the discussion, I didn't insult you in any way, why did you feel the need to write that?

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I find it fascinating and uplifting that there is pretty much a 71% acknowledgement by ableton peeps who have voted that our leaders are not telling us the whole story on 9/11

crofter

Post by crofter » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:22 pm

Emissary wrote:I find it fascinating and uplifting that there is pretty much a 71% acknowledgement by ableton peeps who have voted that our leaders are not telling us the whole story on 9/11
More of an indication that people who use Ableton live in cuckoo land.
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:13 pm

smutek wrote:
McQ714 wrote: that just means you're a pussy! have a fucking opinion on something and make it known.
Thank you for the insightful response, I was beginning to think that you were a crude and uneducated person, bereft of any critical thinking skills.

I'm curious, I just asked a few questions to add to the discussion, I didn't insult you in any way, why did you feel the need to write that?

Because I am a crude and uneducated person, bereft of any critical thinking skills.

I suppose my response to this could've been, "I call it like I see it!", but that just would've been a dick move on my part, so I'll just put myself down instead.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:21 pm

crofter wrote:
Emissary wrote:I find it fascinating and uplifting that there is pretty much a 71% acknowledgement by ableton peeps who have voted that our leaders are not telling us the whole story on 9/11
More of an indication that people who use Ableton live in cuckoo land.
Indeed, it would seem 31% in fact do :wink: