Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:06 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:Image

Now I don't want to hear any comments about my sound/monitoring situation, I know it sucks!! And its a mess
Only if you name the synths:
So far quickly:
Jupiter 8
OBXa (I think, all the OBs look the same to me)

Actually, I'm just stuck here, Jupiter 8 man? You best be using the shit out of that thing! :)

Thaknar

Post by Thaknar » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:09 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote: Now I don't want to hear any comments about my sound/monitoring situation, I know it sucks!! And its a mess
I had a Synthgasm!!! thanks :wink:

slirak

Post by slirak » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
adhmzaiusz wrote:Image

Now I don't want to hear any comments about my sound/monitoring situation, I know it sucks!! And its a mess
Only if you name the synths:
So far quickly:
Jupiter 8

Actually, I'm just stuck here, Jupiter 8 man? You best be using the shit out of that thing! :)
OMFG!!! Jupiter 4, Arp Oddessey MKI (wow!), Yamaha CS40(?)m, SH101. A Multimoogue? And what's that on top of the JX3P, a Crumar Performer or something? And that little grey and blue thing in front of the Jupiter?

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 am

adhmzaiusz wrote: Image
Nice stuffed rat! :D

Oh, the synths are nice too.

Silwolffe

Post by Silwolffe » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 am

oblique strategies wrote:Nice stuffed rat! :D
You're a funny lil' bastard, aren't you? :lol:

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:24 am

Silwolffe wrote:
Well you got the bastard part right! :lol:

I'm a genuine rat fan, raised them as pets as a kid.

And I do admit that your synth collection is fabulous! What fun to have all that analog goodness at your finger tips.

I used to play a Crumar like that, long ago...
Last edited by oblique strategies on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 am

I bet his rat is connected to the oscilloscope...

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 am

Rats communicate in ultra-sonics! Amazing critters.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 am

slirak wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: Only if you name the synths:
So far quickly:
Jupiter 8

OMFG!!! Jupiter 4, Arp Oddessey MKI (wow!), Yamaha CS40(?)m, SH101. A Multimoogue? And what's that on top of the JX3P, a Crumar Performer or something? And that little grey and blue thing in front of the Jupiter?
Yea, the list in my room right now is: Sh101, jp8000, multimoog, bass station in the rack, arp odyssey (which is a funny one really, it looks like it should be a black version of the mk1 but it has the last arp filter in it, the 4075), Jupiter 4, Jupiter 8, Virus indigo 2 (blue and gray synth), crumar performer, jx3p(i have a second one at a different studio), CS40m, Oberheim OB8, and lying on its side a dx7ii which I need to repair the voltage regulator in. All synths have some sort of control with a kenton pro2000mk2 (except the polys) and all the filter ins are hooked to the patch bay for quick routing for the moog filter, arp filter or bass station filter. A funny little tidbit: Its all activated by one power switch which actually dims my lights when I turn it on :lol:
oblique strategies wrote:
Silwolffe wrote:
Well you got the bastard part right! :lol:

I'm a genuine rat fan, raised them as pets as a kid.

And I do admit that your synth collection is fabulous! What fun to have all that analog goodness at your finger tips.

I used to play a Crumar like that, long ago...
Thanks, I really am into synths and even know some people with even crazier synth setups. The rat is funny, I didn't even realize it was in there darn little critter.

Oh and a little add endum, I forgot to post my cat collection as well:

(one of these cats died I'm not sure which one is the living one here...)

Simbosan

Post by Simbosan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:03 am

Sexy cat sticks her tongue out at you and says FRPPPRRRPRPRPRPRRRRRTTTT!

Ableton 9 Suite - Ozone 5
Room full of guitars!
Akai EWI USB : Loads of Sample Modeling instruments (the best ever!)
M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Turbo Nutter B*stard >>>> WINDOWS <<<< PC
Simbosan on Soundcloud

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 am

Okay adhmzaiusz, the huge heap of vintage synthesizers was quite impressive, but now that you posted your cat collection too, I officially envy you.

Please tell me you actually use them to make music.

...I mean the synths.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:32 pm

MPGK wrote:Okay adhmzaiusz, the huge heap of vintage synthesizers was quite impressive, but now that you posted your cat collection too, I officially envy you.

Please tell me you actually use them to make music.

...I mean the synths.
I have soooo much stuff recorded that is unfinished. The truth is when it gets down to the arrangement I can't bring myself to finishing anything because I don't feel satisfied with where the song went or can't get it to go where I want it to. So most of my time is spent recording bizarre arpeggiations and messed up basslines that I may use in the future. My myspace is so out of date, but only one of the songs feature nothing but the OB8. The rest are software or the virus.

The problem I have is proper time to use all my stuff when inspiration is there. I have a job that is currently draining my soul and inspiration, and it has for a long time so I guess owning alot of cool stuff has its trade-off. One day I keep telling myself :roll:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:43 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:
I have soooo much stuff recorded that is unfinished. The truth is when it gets down to the arrangement I can't bring myself to finishing anything because I don't feel satisfied with where the song went
there is a very simple solution to this : start a 'band' . Two people will do, three is better.

What happens is this:
person #1 : what did you do with that track you started, that we did some drums on?

Person #2 : Oh, I was a bit unsatisfied with where it was going, I stopped working on it

Person #3
: ah, shit. Actually I thought it was finished so I sent it off to Jerk Dickweed, he was bugging me for some tunes. Sorry guys.

Person #1 & #2 : Ah, shit, OK, ... next track then ...

2 weeks later ...
Jerk Dickweed : this shit is tight, dope & fresh, you guiz rawk etc !!!
------------

tldr; working with other people who aren't as precious about your stuff means it just gets declared 'finished' and then it is finished.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Angstrom wrote:
adhmzaiusz wrote:
I have soooo much stuff recorded that is unfinished. The truth is when it gets down to the arrangement I can't bring myself to finishing anything because I don't feel satisfied with where the song went
there is a very simple solution to this : start a 'band' . Two people will do, three is better.

What happens is this:
person #1 : what did you do with that track you started, that we did some drums on?

Person #2 : Oh, I was a bit unsatisfied with where it was going, I stopped working on it

Person #3 : ah, actually I sent that off to Jerk Dickweed, I thought it was finished. Sorry guys.

Person #1 & #2 : Ah, shit, OK, ... next track then ...

tldr; working with other people who aren't as precious about your stuff means it just gets declared 'finished' and then it is finished.
You are totally right though, it does go like just this. In my band one guy considers something done while another doesn't, but things always get pushed forward anyways. Its really good to have a second opinion and is a lot easier to get things done with more than one person.

dru

Post by dru » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:53 pm