Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Simbosan

Re: Post your set up and your sexy cat...

Post by Simbosan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:55 pm

So neat... scary neat
Ableton 9 Suite - Ozone 5
Room full of guitars!
Akai EWI USB : Loads of Sample Modeling instruments (the best ever!)
M-Audio FastTrack Pro
Turbo Nutter B*stard >>>> WINDOWS <<<< PC
Simbosan on Soundcloud

guatamaham

Post by guatamaham » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:55 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:Yea, the list in my room right now is: Sh101, jp8000, multimoog, bass station in the rack, arp odyssey (which is a funny one really, it looks like it should be a black version of the mk1 but it has the last arp filter in it, the 4075), Jupiter 4, Jupiter 8, Virus indigo 2 (blue and gray synth), crumar performer, jx3p(i have a second one at a different studio), CS40m, Oberheim OB8, and lying on its side a dx7ii which I need to repair the voltage regulator in. All synths have some sort of control with a kenton pro2000mk2 (except the polys) and all the filter ins are hooked to the patch bay for quick routing for the moog filter, arp filter or bass station filter. A funny little tidbit: Its all activated by one power switch which actually dims my lights when I turn it on :lol:
forgot the multimoog! such a great synth.

also, here's my (similarly stupid-with-synths-style) junk:

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm

OSC?! Nice!

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:04 am

guatamaham wrote: also, here's my (similarly stupid-with-synths-style) junk:
More fantastic synths! I'm going in the opposite direction, scaling down for portability & to help facilitate a big move planned for the near future.

BTW, what's the slim white keyboard above the Minimoog?

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 am

guatamaham wrote: forgot the multimoog! such a great synth.

Amazing setup!! I am jealous of your SH5, 7 and 2600.... very nice synths indeed

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:02 am

guatamaham wrote: forgot the multimoog! such a great synth.

Amazing setup!! I am jealous of your SH5, 7 and 2600.... very nice synths indeed

btw, nice tortoise picture!

guatamaham

Post by guatamaham » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:18 am

oblique: scaling down is the way to go. i dream of making music with nothing but a laptop. the slim white keyboard (in front of the macbeth m5n, right?) is a korg midi keyboard; k49, i believe? a good midi keyboard. nice feel and mod/pitch wheels.

adhmzaiusz: thanks. obviously you know it's a rough habit. also, jealous of your jp8 and multi!

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:03 am

guatamaham wrote:oblique: scaling down is the way to go. i dream of making music with nothing but a laptop. the slim white keyboard (in front of the macbeth m5n, right?) is a korg midi keyboard; k49, i believe? a good midi keyboard. nice feel and mod/pitch wheels.

adhmzaiusz: thanks. obviously you know it's a rough habit. also, jealous of your jp8 and multi!
Trade jupiter 8 for the 2600? :wink:

Now are those spray bottles of contact cleaner on the floor? Gotta say I can't live without that stuff :lol:

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Not much to see here...

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:08 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:Now I don't want to hear any comments about my sound/monitoring situation, I know it sucks!! And its a mess
there's monitors in there? i almost feel guilty looking at this with my girl next to me :p

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:59 pm

cotdagoo wrote:
adhmzaiusz wrote:Now I don't want to hear any comments about my sound/monitoring situation, I know it sucks!! And its a mess
there's monitors in there? i almost feel guilty looking at this with my girl next to me :p
Why because deep inside you know that the only way you could amass such a collection is if you ditch the girl :lol: :wink:

rosti

Post by rosti » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:10 pm

^ :lol:
Win (also sad but true) 8)

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:54 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:
Why because deep inside you know that the only way you could amass such a collection is if you ditch the girl :lol: :wink:
^ that, plus i just kinda got turned on a little :oops:

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm

guatamaham wrote:oblique: scaling down is the way to go. i dream of making music with nothing but a laptop. the slim white keyboard (in front of the macbeth m5n, right?) is a korg midi keyboard; k49, i believe? a good midi keyboard. nice feel and mod/pitch wheels.

I’m only at the beginning of my journey but even though I’ll probably be able to afford a lot of stuff in time, I swore to myself to never buy anything other than a simple midi keyboard (MPK25/49) + APC40 + monitors + laptop + software.

I’m especially thrilled by the ability to use Live anywhere, in an inspiring outdoor setting for instance. Which is only possible if you keep it simple and work almost exclusively with software/laptop. :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:04 am

guatamaham wrote:oblique: scaling down is the way to go. i dream of making music with nothing but a laptop.
Please PM me when you have your big emotional melt down and sell all your hardware for some ridiculously low price.
I can ease you're pain.

In the meantime, stop driving the price of old hardware up by being a collector with no appreciation for the sound of the gear. :P