ASIO/Driver/No Sound

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
brandonmangan

ASIO/Driver/No Sound

Post by brandonmangan » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:35 pm

I purchased Ableton Live two weeks ago and encountered major latency issues (1 sec+ from keystroke) and just overall cracked and bad sound (audio clip were distorted as if it was a bad FM signal). I adjusted buffer, searched high and low for answers. I'm completely green when it comes to audio/interface software. I thought it was possible my computer was bogged so I backed up and did a factory image restore. Ableton still choppy. I thought possibly it was the MME/Direct X driver so I installed ASIO4ALL and haven't been able to get a sound out of it ever since. I've toggled all the boxes in the ASIO driver settings, no dice. I was so frustrated I had to put it down for a week. I purchased this as a novice cause I had faith in myself to learn the software and I'm highly motivated to do so. I can't do that without sound. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm on a Vista laptop with 3GB of ram that has no issues whatsoever. I'm including a picture of my settings. Thanks ahead of time.

DEEMUSIC

Re: ASIO/Driver/No Sound

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 am

I'm having the same issue with asio4all and ableton it works fine with my delta 192 m-audio card but at night I can't use my speaker because I don't want to wake anyone up, so I installed asio4all for headphone use at night and I get no sound and I see no one responded to your issue I guess tech support doesn't monitor the forum either.

Pitchcontrol

Post by Pitchcontrol » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 pm

That driver is working fine for me... maybee you need to turn of IDT high defenition audio codec

JM-DG

Post by JM-DG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:17 am

I got the same problem... :(
I tried disabling the MS GS Wavetable Synth because it is known to cause trouble to ASIO.
Using MME/DirectX it works.
Using Asio I hear nothing.

We can see that the IDT High definition Audio codec has the output disabled.
That's why I added the ATI High definition audio device in order to have an output.
But still no sound out.

I want low latency for sooo long... :(
Thanks for any tips/help!
________
JM-DG

JM-DG

Post by JM-DG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 am

I found the solution some minutes after posting... :D
You need to disable also the use of Microsoft GS wavetable Synth in the Midi Sync tab.
Put everything off.
Then in your asio settings you just need to keep the IDT High definition Audio Codec. :)

However I still can't record using Asio. :(
Cheerz!
________
JM-DG

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi, to anyone having this issue - please contact support@ableton.com with an email about your issue. Please including information about your machine, OS, version of Live, and audio driver setup. Thank you.

dentaku

Post by dentaku » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm

While it's nice that ASIO4ALL exists, it's really just something to mess with just in case you don't have a real audio interface that already has native ASIO drivers (or if the official ASIO drivers for your audio interface don't work well). It's more like a respectable hack :)

to the original poster
Did you try using 44100 instead of 48000?

JM-DG

Post by JM-DG » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:23 am

I fixed everything :)
Finally got the recording and output working.
I still have one question though.
Is it possible to use Asio and at the same time the MME/DirectX driver
because for now if I use the Asio driver my other programs (which normally use MME) can't record neither play output.