Launchpad : tips n tricks, ideas, suggestions

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
nestrellejohn

Re: Launchpad : tips n tricks, ideas, suggestions

Post by nestrellejohn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 am

HeadrickProductions wrote:feature suggestions

1. different kind of pads. I wish that novation would take a page from the korg pads and use the square type. This offers a stable ability to play the pad jst like the korg is meant for drummers. With the circle reaktor under the rubber means that you can miss the button unlike the apc 40 and korg pads. (if that does not make sense i am sorry it is jst a cheaper version of what I would like to have as the apc 40 and korg pads have square stable pads and playing ability)

2. I woould change the position of the buttons at the top. When I am really playing I will hit the scene buttons at the top or whatever else is up there. (granted this is due to my mistake but when you are really getting down having those buttons on the top and side can really screw stuff up if you are a half an inch off.

3. Auto map would be effective. I have not updated ableton yet, but in 8.09 auto map would not work with any software. We need to be able to program the use of other software thru the launch pad cause that was a big plus when compared to the apc 40...so far not effective.

4. I like the idea that you can use both the lauch pad and the apc 40 at the same time. This makes life alot eaiser for me, instead of having to run around my set with the apc 40 I can jst let the lauch pad focus on what I need it to and let the apc 40 navigate around the set

5. that there was an ability to mount the launchpad on a mic stand (apc 40 does not have that ability either

these are the feature suggestions I like the size of the launchpad and really want akai to come out with
the same thing but with the akai pads and durability
Good point. Nice post indeed. Keep posting, I'm looking forward to your other post because it helps me a lot. Thanks.

kvitamin

Post by kvitamin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:37 pm

Katapult is the best for the launchpad, http://www.midikatapult.com/Katapult/Home.html

It allows you to create 16 pages of whatever you want, buttons, xy pads, faders etc. Its a little buggy for me still, but its totally essential.

Rupert Brown

Post by Rupert Brown » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey guys,
I just did a video on how to get monetary CC control values on the Launchpad via Automap and how to switch between that and the native Launchpad configuration on the fly using just the Launchpad (no M4L).

http://thedspproject.com/novation-launc ... ration-pt1

Hope this is useful to someone :)

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Man this sucks... I've been trying to get my LP and Automap and Live 8.13 to work as shown in the tutorial but I can't even get the server to recognize the LP??? Now Live even freezes on bootup and won't start until I close the Automap server. And on top of that Asio4all always says my audio output is already in use, so I get no audio....

Are those common problems with Automap?

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:18 am

#1thelark wrote:Man this sucks... I've been trying to get my LP and Automap and Live 8.13 to work as shown in the tutorial but I can't even get the server to recognize the LP??? Now Live even freezes on bootup and won't start until I close the Automap server. And on top of that Asio4all always says my audio output is already in use, so I get no audio....

Anyone with experience on Automap and the LP that can give me a hint on this?

rosti

Post by rosti » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:18 am

#1thelark wrote:
#1thelark wrote:Man this sucks... I've been trying to get my LP and Automap and Live 8.13 to work as shown in the tutorial but I can't even get the server to recognize the LP??? Now Live even freezes on bootup and won't start until I close the Automap server. And on top of that Asio4all always says my audio output is already in use, so I get no audio....

Anyone with experience on Automap and the LP that can give me a hint on this?
Have you tried just to uninstall and then reinstall the Automap server?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 pm

The Asio4all problem might be from Live not shutting down completely after it is closed. Sometimes that hanging keeps your asio hostage. I highly doubt that Automap would have anything to do with the Asio problem. Also, always always always remember to have your Launchpad plugged in before opening Live. and keep it plugged in consistently while using Live. Assuming that your automap launches upon the startup of ableton live, it should ideally resolve that.. If you want to save yourself even more trouble, open automap before you open Live.

Rupert Brown

Post by Rupert Brown » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

If your not already try from a blank set (no midi mappings), im finding certain midi mappings in live can make the LP behave in strange ways.

Your setup does sound a bit sick so the suggested a reinstall of both live would be a good idea.

If you can get it to boot up have you matched my midi preferences exactly as per the video?

Let us know how you get on.

nestrellejohn

Post by nestrellejohn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:44 pm

It is so lucky to dropped by on this thread because it really helps me alot, i will share this to my friends as well. Thanks.

dj_blueprint

Post by dj_blueprint » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 pm

^yo man, I saw your sig, I might be interested in a new or used car in the area.

j/k

bowen747

Post by bowen747 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:08 pm

check this out ,pure genius

http://www.aurexmusic.com/launchpad

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:02 pm

bowen747 wrote:check this out ,pure genius

+1,000

stealthbopper

Post by stealthbopper » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:34 pm

bowen747 wrote:check this out ,pure genius

Excellent!!
http://www.soundcloud.com/stealthbopper
Mac OS X 10.6.8, Saffire Pro14, M-Audio MidAir25, APC40, Novation SL37 & Launchpad, Alesis M1 Active Mk2

sailordrift

Post by sailordrift » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:01 pm

pepezabala wrote:I made this set of letters to display them on the launchpad, and thought I might share it. It's a midi clip for each letter of the alphabet, nothing fancy. I have it already assigned to the keys of the computerkeyboard. Works in user mode 1.

Download it here: Alphabet-Livepack(rightclick - save-as)
I know this was posted a year ago (almost) but i have never succeeded at making this work, has anyone else???

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 pm