TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rabouille

Re: TouchAble - complete controller for Ableton Live & IPAD

Post by rabouille » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 am

outershpongolia wrote:^ Something like being able to see the visual diagrams in Beat Bepeat , Auto Pan , Spectrum, etc would be nice - i'm not saying that it needs to be first on the list of feature requests - but if this is going to be THE ableton controller then it would add to the "not having to look at the computer" approach.
that our goal :)

atlatnesiti

Post by atlatnesiti » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:21 am

Well, I have installed iOS 4.2 beta on my iPad (my bad) and now I can no longer connect with TouchAble... :(
Is TouchAble iOS 4.2 ready?
iMac i7 Quad Core 2.8GHz 32GB RAM • OS X.10 • Apogee Duet • NI Kontrol S49 • Maschine Mikro MKII • Cubase 8.5 • Live 9.6 Suite • Logic Pro X • Reason 9 • WaveLab Elements 9 • Various VST's, AU's and hardware synths, etc;

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:55 pm

atlatnesiti wrote:Well, I have installed iOS 4.2 beta on my iPad (my bad) and now I can no longer connect with TouchAble... :(
tI will work, no panic, we are working on its full compatibility.
Beta is....beta ;)

atlatnesiti

Post by atlatnesiti » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:40 am

rabouille wrote: atlatnesiti wrote:
Well, I have installed iOS 4.2 beta on my iPad (my bad) and now I can no longer connect with TouchAble...

tI will work, no panic, we are working on its full compatibility.
Beta is....beta
Well, turns out to be my Mac OS X.6.4 Firewall settings that prevented my iPad to connect.
Once I have "allowed" Live.app in Firewall settings, TouchAble came to life and all is good again :D

BTW; Judging by the sheer number of posts from (confused) Mac users that can not connect, I strongly recommend that you update TouchAble setup guide that will use recommended Firewall settings :wink:
iMac i7 Quad Core 2.8GHz 32GB RAM • OS X.10 • Apogee Duet • NI Kontrol S49 • Maschine Mikro MKII • Cubase 8.5 • Live 9.6 Suite • Logic Pro X • Reason 9 • WaveLab Elements 9 • Various VST's, AU's and hardware synths, etc;

commuter

Post by commuter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:53 pm

yeah!!!
i bought the app 3 weeks ago without owning an ipad ^^
Just bought one and 5 mn later, i was jamming with Touch Able, very easy setup, everything went very smooth..
Congratulations, it's really a cool app (en français!! c'est vraiment Chant-Mé!!!) and i'm looking forward to the first update!!
15" Macbook Pro 2,3 quadcore I7 2012/8gb ram/240gb SSD/ LIVE 9.06/OSX 10.8.5, NI Komplete audio 6
https://www.facebook.com/commuterofficial
http://soundcloud.com/commuter

Alien Leg

Post by Alien Leg » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:06 pm

2 questions and a wish:

What's the status for an Android version?
I've read a comment of a Lemur developer (Live controller named Mu), who said the iPad isn't up to par with the Lemur cause it's too slow for 2-way heavy communication. Is that true?

Wish for device mode:
Let us control 4 (16 parameters) or 8 (8 parameters) devices at once!

Markus
Win XP Pro SP3, Live 7
Q9450@3.2Ghz, 4 GB RAM,
BCF2000, M-Audio Audiophile 2496, Mindprint TRIO

atlatnesiti

Post by atlatnesiti » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm

There is No Android device that is faster and more powerful than iPad at this stage.
Actually, there is No Android based device with 10" screen on the market (other than doubtful net books) yet.

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Alien Leg wrote:I've read a comment of a Lemur developer (Live controller named Mu), who said the iPad isn't up to par with the Lemur cause it's too slow for 2-way heavy communication. Is that true?
Lemur Mu is a total fail in comparison to LiveControl/TouchAble in that it costs $300 extra (M4L) on top of the device (Lemur costs $2000) yet the Lemur has a much inferior touchscreen technology and much lower screen resolution not to mention not being portable.

Anyway, if what you're saying is true, I wonder why then the developers behind Lemur Mu bothered to create an iPad Live controller app: Griid.

fx23

Post by fx23 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Because they know now their insane long monopole of closed and pricey hype environment is going to die with ipad stuff or upcoming touchscreens/tablet.

@rabouille. I tried to contact christian 2 times, no answer. simply tell me if not interested in sharing tips, i can understand.

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Bought it yesterday, enjoying it right now!
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)

tchan

Post by tchan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:25 am

Alien Leg wrote:I've read a comment of a Lemur developer (Live controller named Mu), who said the iPad isn't up to par with the Lemur cause it's too slow for 2-way heavy communication. Is that true?
Rest assured that the iPad is totally capable of controlling Live. I have a Lemur but prefer using iPads for live performance - I love being able to walk around the stage to communicate with my bandmates. Besides, touchAble/Griid/LiveControl are all great control apps - you're definitely not sacrificing any performance!
humnumb wrote: Lemur Mu is a total fail in comparison to LiveControl/TouchAble in that it costs $300 extra (M4L) on top of the device (Lemur costs $2000)
Only true if one purchases a Lemur with the sole purpose of controlling Live ;-)

fx23

Post by fx23 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am

Only true if one purchases a Lemur with the sole purpose of controlling Live ;-)
Not only true just for this case, true for general case.

now you can get dual touchscreen at 200$. Ipad at 500$ and 3M multitouch 20 fingers 22' (4x lemur touch area at 1500$)
with a soft such as usine, you're totally free to build whatever control you want, your monitor being usable for other stuff.
and there are such modular tools, even if less powerfull, emerging on ipad.
so, what's the point getting a lemur today?
absolutely no point, they have to make a cheaper true open monitor (portable) or they can GTFT with all their pricey hype.

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:35 am

Don't blame lemur guys, it was the first efficient and powerful multitouch controller for mass musicians...a page is turned, and the good thing is that you have access to more good choices, it is a golden age for musicians.

atlatnesiti

Post by atlatnesiti » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 am

What about FireWall disable "feature" on osx..?
That is what makes it "tick" ;)
... or is it to insignificant to mention...

fx23

Post by fx23 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:24 am

Ok. I finally got chris mails :) cool, ill answer him tonight, i may have found a cool tip myself to reduce preload time ( at least seems here on usine):
Reduce osc tag length ie
/live/name/clip. To /C. Did a lot for me (both in callbacks and process)
It may interest him/ya... ;)