Live 8.2 bugs : not better, not worse - still crashing a lot

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
ludollorca

Live 8.2 bugs : not better, not worse - still crashing a lot

Post by ludollorca » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:30 pm

8.2 version is still bugged as hell. I just can't spend more than 30 minutes making music without Live crashing.
I don't know if it's related to the new features, but i remember Ableton declared they would focus on bugfixing, holding the new features development for a moment, and then release a major update...
Eventually, they released 8.2 version with new features (amp, the bridge...) and bugs are still here. Thanx. :evil:

ps : and yes, i sent the crash report to crashes@ableton.com

Felyon

Re: Live 8.2 bugs : not better, not worse - still crashing a lot

Post by Felyon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:15 pm

I just chose this post to give my statement, because it is the newest.

Since 8.13 I only had random crashes, most of them after installing a new plugin or changing s.th. else.
But no single crash during our sessions or playback of our sets.

Maybe it is because of MacOS or I just don´t push Live enough.
In most cases I use Omnisphere with stacked sounds, Stylus RMX with minimum three parts, Absynth 5, Pianoteq Play and/or Drumcore V3.

The only problems are with the eLicenser.
No matter if I load Arturia, Rop Papen or Korg, Live quits immediately, when I forgot to plug the dongle in.

On windows I always got an error message and could put the dongle afterwards.
With Live I loose the set with all contents, I made or changed before.

lanquarem

Post by lanquarem » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:59 pm

No crash ever for me in 8.1.3, but I installed 8.2 and cannot even start working : systematic immediate crash when opening the software... Abes received a few crash reports, and I came back to music, in 8.1.3.
Hopefully a future version will work for me.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:03 am

ludollorca wrote:8.2 version is still bugged as hell. I just can't spend more than 30 minutes making music without Live crashing.
I don't know if it's related to the new features, but i remember Ableton declared they would focus on bugfixing, holding the new features development for a moment, and then release a major update...
Eventually, they released 8.2 version with new features (amp, the bridge...) and bugs are still here. Thanx. :evil:

ps : and yes, i sent the crash report to crashes@ableton.com

All I can say is hang in there. It's amazing how it will work for some people and then with an update everything changes. I had extreme problems from 8.0 to around 8.1.1. After that things have worked great. I've had a few issues with the bridge but that is to be expected at this point. The more people that try the bridge the more crash reports they have access to and the better it will get.

All I can say is once you have found a version that works for you don't update, or at least keep the previous versions. I am sure that there is a place that you can download previous versions on the site.

Good luck
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Have you also been in touch with Ableton Technical Support about your issues? It's a good idea to do this - they will help you figure out what is causing the crashes. If you haven't yet, please send an email to support@ableton.com, and include information about your machine, your OS, your version of Live, and anything specific about the sets that have been crashing (e.g. plug-ins you have been using).

ludollorca

Post by ludollorca » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Actually i sent the crash-log file to the crashes@ableton.com adress - i thought it might be more helpfull for you guyz to find out what's wrong than sending an email to the support team.
And, as 8.2 is a complete failure on my computer, i'm gonna try to roll back to 8.1.3/4 or 5 - but i couldnt find them on ableton website. Could you give me a link to one of those ?

puzl

Post by puzl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm

yeah I'm crashing fairly regularly with 8.2 on imac unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's linked to my recently purchased Arturia synths... as the projects with these synth instances seem to crash the most (generally the crashes happen when closing/loading sets). I've sent a few crash reports to support, hopefully these issues get resolved soon. I had a brief window of stability somewhere around 8.1.3... now I'm back to shitty land.