Hello DAVE or shall I call you H.A.L. ?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
ChiDJ

Hello DAVE or shall I call you H.A.L. ?

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 pm

You deleted my GAY, GAY GAY post.

With the following explanation: "I'll ask you to rephrase what you want to say and abide by the Code of Behavior while on this forum. You can refer to the Code of Behavior here: "Blah Fucking Blah"

and then this: "Please note that, if you continue to make excessively offensive posts in the forum, further action will be taken."

Please explain. I don't know if just using the word is now banned or the specific context.

Thank you in advance.

Tod
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

beats me

Re: Hello DAVE or shall I call you H.A.L. ?

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:51 pm

The forum is imploding. I wish we were all in the same room on the same drugs, good or bad.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:00 pm

I'll tell you here what I just told you in a PM - stop playing dumb. You made a thread that was clearly intended to raise a middle finger at the Code of Behavior. Are you really surprised that it was removed? You made it crystal clear that, when you used the word "gay" in your thread, you intended it to mean something bad, and not the sexual orientation, nor any other definition. That's homophobic speech, and it was removed.

If you really feel like you need a forum where you can throw around homophobic insults to show how unique you are, and that not being able to do so fundamentally hinders your ability to express yourself, then, I assure you, there are plenty of other places on the Internet that would be happy to have you.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:02 pm

David Abravanel wrote:
If you really feel like you need a forum where you can throw around homophobic insults to show how unique you are, and that not being able to do so fundamentally hinders your ability to express yourself, then, I assure you, there are plenty of other places on the Internet that would be happy to have you.

Do you have a little card next to you with that printed on it? Because, dude, it's showing up word for word in pretty much every thread at this point.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:02 pm

I will be banned soon. And, This was not what I hoped for. It appears that, by merely uttering the word, is a direct link to being marked for deletion.

In the interest of clarity, D.A.V.E , made it clear that I'm merely marked as a person of interest and not scheduled for deletion / banning. I'm 75% German and, yet the fatherland has turned on me.

Another great group of software engineers have succumbed to the corporate teet.

RIP Ableton.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:04 pm

David Abravanel wrote:throw around homophobic insults to show how unique you are,

Oooh. A tad on the smarmy and insulting side there. dom always kept it professional. I'm liking you already!
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:08 pm

ChiDJ wrote:I will be banned soon. And, This was not what I hoped for. It appears that, by merely uttering the word, is a direct link to being marked for deletion.

In the interest of clarity, D.A.V.E , made it clear that I'm merely marked as a person of interest and not scheduled for deletion / banning. I'm 75% German and, yet the fatherland has turned on me.

Another great group of software engineers have succumbed to the corporate teet.

RIP Ableton.
Marked as a person of interest? Let me reproduce what I said in my PM here: "You have not been banned. If you had been banned, you would no longer be able to post on the forum. I removed your thread, and have issued you a warning."

You can feel free to continue playing this up, but may I suggest a reality check: you've been asked to stop using homophobic insults, on a forum for a company that makes music software. A forum that you have chosen to post on, and are free to leave. Take all that as you will. We aren't asking for a lot here.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:15 pm

I have never made homosexual insults on this forum.

search it.

I'm completely fag friendly. I'm bisexual and have many friends that are 100% cork smokers. You are misinformed / or not being honest about your true intentions.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:36 pm

rudd1028 wrote:C'mon CHIDJ.
take time off from here.
Don't force them to BAN you.
You have over 2000 posts and have made a name for yourself here.
Think about all the fans you can gain by staying around here.

I know it's all about old time principals and time served here,but, I think you getting BANNED will be something you'll regret.
I appreciate your cool response. Thank you. I've never been the "Hot Head" here. I've always cherished this forum as a rare place for us artists to discuss everything. And I mean everything. It's been a hotbed of free thought for myself and others. I don't want this to change. But, as Dom said, we aren't paying the bills every month. I suspect Ableton is gaining market share and investors. We can all be assured that some of these investors are conservatives with a limited brain capacity and an even more limited moral compass. If that's the case, GOD BLESS THE BOTTOM LINE.

It was great while it lasted.

Peace!

Tod

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:47 pm

To clarify: moderation in the forum is being done for the benefit of the users. I'm not sure where you're getting this corporate conspiracy idea from, Tod, but I assure you that the business side of Ableton has nothing to do with moderation in The Lounge. Is it so hard for you to accept a simple request, without turning it into a conspiracy that involves all of Ableton?

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:57 pm

David Abravanel wrote:Is it so hard for you to accept a simple request, without turning it into a conspiracy that involves all of Ableton?
No, D.A.V.E. It's not.

I just don't clearly understand why the word "GAY" is suddenly outlawed on this forum.

Please explain.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:00 am

David Abravanel wrote: Is it so hard for you to accept a simple request, without turning it into a conspiracy that involves all of Ableton?
You expect reason from Tod? Look at the guy! He's wearing sunglasses, in a padded room, with a straight-jacket on! I mean, how did he get the glasses on with his arms tied up like that? That's what I can't accept.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:02 am

^ thats a good point... but how crazy is he really? would he have knocked the sunglasses off or did the photo get taken before this? and... by whom?

the fact is... clearly Tod is unstable, but respected none the less. The glasses tell the truth of the matter.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:02 am

Tarekith wrote:
David Abravanel wrote: Is it so hard for you to accept a simple request, without turning it into a conspiracy that involves all of Ableton?
You expect reason from Tod? Look at the guy! He's wearing sunglasses, in a padded room, with a straight-jacket on! I mean, how did he get the glasses on with his arms tied up like that? That's what I can't accept.

After the nurses "dosed me", they emptied my sack jacket and returned my shades to their original position.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:39 am

Sack jacket?
Unsound Designer