Does 8.2.1 'program only' include all changes and fixes?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
massenmedium

Does 8.2.1 'program only' include all changes and fixes?

Post by massenmedium » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 pm

The obvious question.

Would really rather not have to do the full install again...

massenmedium

Re: Does 8.2.1 'program only' include all changes and fixes?

Post by massenmedium » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

i.e. - as per the release note:

8.2.1 Release Notes

Improvements and feature changes

* Improvements to Amp presets including better folder organization, additional guitar and bass amp presets and various other changes.
* Improvements to sound quality in Drum Machines.
* Performance optimizations on many Rack presets.
* Many delay devices now use the "Fade" Delay Transition mode, to avoid clicks.
* All Latin Percussion sounds are additionally available as chromatically tuned Simpler presets.

Bugfixes

* Amp is now available in the trial version of Ableton Suite.
* Removed duplicate Amp presets.
* Fixed Hot-Swap behavior for a number of Session Drums and Drum Machines presets.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the use of soundcards with only one input on OS X.
* Fixed a crash that occurred when using a ReWire slave such as Reason and manipulating devices in the slave that were referred to by clips in Live.

Looks like a lot of patch updates, which doesn't matter too much, but what's changed with Drum Machines, for instance.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:19 pm

massenmedium wrote:i.e. - as per the release note:

* Fixed a crash that occurred when using a ReWire slave such as Reason and manipulating devices in the slave that were referred to by clips in Live.
Nice!
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

shai

Post by shai » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:52 pm

+1
would love to know the same...

cacti

Post by cacti » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:58 pm

do I need to DL the sounds to get the drum machines quality improvements?

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Fook it! I am downloading the lot :D

Dr. Zoiberg

Post by Dr. Zoiberg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:54 pm

same question

patekswiss

Post by patekswiss » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:02 pm

8.2.1 already?

Well, considering that 8.2 now crashes (i.e., shuts down) my entire Mac -- rather than just Live itself crashing -- I certainly hope it has been made more stable.

Anyone else have this? Live sequencer is running, and then the Mac display just goes black. If you're lucky, it reboots on its own and you don't have to manually power it down. The other nice thing about this is that, for 8.1.x crashes, it usually involved something I was trying to do with a VST plugin -- drag and drop a midi file in session view, for example. These 8.2 crashes are not only catastrophic for every application you're running (including the finder), but you don't have to be doing anything in particular in Live for them to happen.

Nice.

shai

Post by shai » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:05 pm

patekswiss wrote:8.2.1 already?

Well, considering that 8.2 now crashes (i.e., shuts down) my entire Mac -- rather than just Live itself crashing -- I certainly hope it has been made more stable.

Anyone else have this? Live sequencer is running, and then the Mac display just goes black. If you're lucky, it reboots on its own and you don't have to manually power it down. The other nice thing about this is that, for 8.1.x crashes, it usually involved something I was trying to do with a VST plugin -- drag and drop a midi file in session view, for example. These 8.2 crashes are not only catastrophic for every application you're running (including the finder), but you don't have to be doing anything in particular in Live for them to happen.

Nice.
yieek. but that sounds like a hardware issue.

scientist

Post by scientist » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:47 pm

patekswiss wrote:8.2.1 already?

Nice.
i had the same problem and it turned out to be bad ram, with the problem only showing up when using ram-heavy applications. there's testing sw out there, but i don't recall the name

Rave

Post by Rave » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Yeah that sounds like a ram issue.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:23 am

scientist wrote: i had the same problem and it turned out to be bad ram, with the problem only showing up when using ram-heavy applications. there's testing sw out there, but i don't recall the name
the Apple Hardware Test on the install DVD has a RAM test. oh, and newer Macs have the AHT in firmware, hold down the 'D' key at boot to invoke...

for more thorough RAM testing there's:

http://www.memtestosx.org

jrathkopf

Post by jrathkopf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:24 am

Can anyone say whether downloading this Update as Program Only will account for said changes to Drum Machines?

Amaury

Post by Amaury » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:50 am

Hello,

If you installed Live or Suite 8.2 already, you can go with the "Program only" download. It does contain the updates to content, basically everything mentioned in the release notes.

Kind regards,
Amaury
Ableton Product Team

shai

Post by shai » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:02 am

^ thanks