asio4all no sound with Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DEEMUSIC

asio4all no sound with Live

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:49 am

I had ASIO4ALL on my laptop and it worked fine but I can't get any sound on my desktop with asio4all and Live, Fl Studio,Reason, and all my other programs work with asio4all Live has no sound at all. Need help with this my soundcard Cakewalk V-100 was stolen along with Maschine controller and midi keyboard.

MarcAaron

Re: asio4all no sound with Live

Post by MarcAaron » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:24 am

I just learned about and installed ASIO4ALL on my XP Pro PC today and experienced the very same problem. I fiddled with a couple settings before I got it working so am not sure exactly which step I took that worked, and I am away from my system at the moment, but I would suggest this first:

Go to the tab under Live's options menu that lets you select your input and output devices.

Select ASIO for the driver type.

One of the buttons that will appear is labelled something like "hardware setup" or "advance setup". Go there and you should see a list of sound cards installed on your system.

To the left of the sound card's name there's an icon that looks like a blue on/off LED button. Mine was blacked out. I clicked it and it started glowing. From that point on I had sound.

Sorry these tips are a bit vague but I'm not at home with my PC at the moment so I'm doing this from memory. I do hope it helps. Best of luck...

Dr. Fluffenstein

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 am

Not sure if this is the right solution for you, but make sure you have no other audio programs running in the background. Even if your browser has something like a youtube video open you won't get any sound in Live. Happens to me far too often.

MarcAaron

Post by MarcAaron » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:41 am

I haven't experienced that one yet Dr. F. I routinely run Windows Media player simultaneously with Live and haven't had anything go wrong *yet* :-)

Having said that, I've been a programmer for 25 years and have run across a lot of software that likes to take exclusive ownership of a piece of hardware, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that some multimedia device is locked up solid by a web browser plugin or the like, so I think your tip would be a good one to keep in mind.

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:02 am

thanks for the help got it working just fine and I'm a little happier now lol

MarcAaron

Post by MarcAaron » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 am

Congrats on your success Dee. I'm finding ASIO to be a much better performer than anything that came with Windows and/or my soundcard manufacturer.