Python gurus - Nanopad script

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Madureira

Python gurus - Nanopad script

Post by Madureira » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi there everyone!

To all you Python scripts gurus...

With the help of mr Hanz Petrov, I got a script that allows a Nanopad to use the famous red box like the APC40.

However, when I move the red box, that is 2 tracks wide by 5 scenes high, it moves in intervals of 5.
For example,if the box is around the 1-5 scenes, once i move it down it goes to 6-10.

I want it to move to 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, etc...

Got the idea?

What's the parameter that I must adjust on the scripts?

From remotescrip blog:

session.set_scene_bank_buttons(ButtonElement(is_momentary, MIDI_NOTE_TYPE, CHANNEL, 51), ButtonElement(is_momentary, MIDI_NOTE_TYPE, CHANNEL, 49)) # (up_button, down_button) This is to move the "red box" up or down (increment track up or down, not screen up or down, so they are inversed)
#session.set_track_bank_buttons(ButtonElement(is_momentary, MIDI_NOTE_TYPE, CHANNEL, 56), ButtonElement(is_momentary, MIDI_NOTE_TYPE, CHANNEL, 54)) # (right_button, left_button) This moves the "red box" selection set left & right.

I can't find the parameter to set the movements.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ableton_David

Re: Python gurus - Nanopad script

Post by Ableton_David » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi - I've moved this thread to Music and Audio Production - you're more likely to find an answer there.

ST8

Post by ST8 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Can you attach the script? I thought SessionComponent moved up/down in 1's by default.

Madureira

Post by Madureira » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:32 pm

I don't have an account with a host site...do you mind if I send them by email?

Thanks.

Hanz_Petrov

Post by Hanz_Petrov » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am

Madureira wrote: However, when I move the red box, that is 2 tracks wide by 5 scenes high, it moves in intervals of 5.
For example,if the box is around the 1-5 scenes, once i move it down it goes to 6-10.
Madureira,

I suspect that you have your navigation pads assigned to the "zoomed" navigation parameters of the FCB1020 script, rather than the regular session navigation parameters. Try making the following changes to the MIDI_Map.py file:

Code: Select all

SESSIONUP = 45 #Session up
SESSIONDOWN = 33 #Session down
ZOOMUP = -1 #Session Zoom up
ZOOMDOWN = -1 #Session Zoom down
This will assign MIDI notes 45 and 33 to "red box" up & down navigation, one scene at a time. ZOOMUP & ZOOMDOWN are used to move the red box up & down by increments of the session height (the default is 5 scenes at a time). Hope that helps.

Best,

Hanz
http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/ - an introduction to the Framework classes