Ableton should make some apps with matching Plug-Ins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bridgealantee

Ableton should make some apps with matching Plug-Ins

Post by bridgealantee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am

I think it would be pretty cool if Ableton made some apps, say an audio pad slicer mpc type ipad device. Then make a corresponding Plug-In where you can load the project file you save from your ipad. Kind of like maschine in a way but you dont have to be tethered. Each works independently, more like the Beat Thang I guess, if that would have ever happened. Most people don't have the imagination to make a great app, I think ableton could really think of some cool stuff.
P.s I have more ideas if you want to hire me ableton!!!!!!

ze2be

Re: Ableton should make some apps with matching Plug-Ins

Post by ze2be » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 am

bridgealantee wrote:it would be pretty cool if Ableton made some apps, say an audio pad slicer mpc type ipad device. Then make a corresponding Plug-In where you can load the project file you save from your ipad. Kind of like maschine in a way but you dont have to be tethered. Each works independently
Huh?? No, they are most likely rather working on something like The Bridge 4 Church Organists. Bridging the gap between the DJ and the organist. It will be the flagship 2011 release. And it will add an amazing 1000mb of original, professional sounding multi layered organ samples. Quote from famous organist William D. Douchebag: "this..." "This will change everything. Again!" "Hallelujah!"

Content included with Suite, adding up to a total 4gb download, "Free 4 All"(tm) Suite owners! (Non Suite owners need only pay a mere $500) Stay alert all Jesus lovers, cause soon you'll be walking on water! Apparently beta starts around Christmas.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:07 am

ze2be wrote:
bridgealantee wrote:it would be pretty cool if Ableton made some apps, say an audio pad slicer mpc type ipad device. Then make a corresponding Plug-In where you can load the project file you save from your ipad. Kind of like maschine in a way but you dont have to be tethered. Each works independently
Huh?? No, they are most likely rather working on something like The Bridge 4 Church Organists. Bridging the gap between the DJ and the organist. It will be the flagship 2011 release. And it will add an amazing 1000mb of original, professional sounding multi layered organ samples. Quote from famous organist William D. Douchebag: "this..." "This will change everything. Again!" "Hallelujah!"

Content included with Suite, adding up to a total 4gb download, "Free 4 All"(tm) Suite owners! (Non Suite owners need only pay a mere $500) Stay alert all Jesus lovers, cause soon you'll be walking on water! Apparently beta starts around Christmas.

:lol:

indeed more likely.. And when you look how theyhave programmed theire dedicated controlers you dont really want to waste your i pad with such roughly devloped apps...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

kryz

Post by kryz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 pm

I would definitely like to see some ITM style, or even better, TouchAble style apps for use with Ableton for my iPod Touch.

tech44

Post by tech44 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 am

bridgealantee wrote:I think it would be pretty cool if Ableton made some apps, say an audio pad slicer mpc type ipad device. Then make a corresponding Plug-In where you can load the project file you save from your ipad. Kind of like maschine in a way but you dont have to be tethered. Each works independently, more like the Beat Thang I guess, if that would have ever happened. Most people don't have the imagination to make a great app, I think ableton could really think of some cool stuff.
Yeah, I thought about this too. Being able to create clips on the iPad and then use them in a project would be ideal. Some of the instruments are most likely to cpu intensive, but they could start with the sample based ones I would think. Even if they partnered with Intua or another group, just to be able to export to a clip format somehow.
-----
Audiobombs.com: Free ableton racks, soundsets, touchosc templates and more.

necho

Post by necho » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:55 am

ze2be wrote:

Lol.

Next up, Ableton anounce partnership with Zanussi to deliver bleeding-edge DAW/Kitchen appliance integration. Whether you want to use follow-actions to switch the kettle on, or just want to control a drumrack by slamming your fridge door, "The Fridge" marks the beginning of a new era of baffling, overly ambitious partnerships.

(Requires fully fitted bespoke kitchen + appliances, sold separately)

Ableton/Zanussi "The Fridge": Everything plus the kitchen sink.
_________
sigs suck.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 pm

ummmm......what?

HUH?!?!??!...........
Last edited by 33tetragammon on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:52 pm

ze2be wrote: Quote from famous organist William D. Douchebag: "this..." "This will change everything. Again!" "Hallelujah!"
^^^^^

THIS!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:14 pm

bridgealantee wrote:I think it would be pretty cool if Ableton made some apps, say an audio pad slicer mpc type ipad device. Then make a corresponding Plug-In where you can load the project file you save from your ipad. Kind of like maschine in a way but you dont have to be tethered. Each works independently, more like the Beat Thang I guess, if that would have ever happened. Most people don't have the imagination to make a great app, I think ableton could really think of some cool stuff.
you know what i want?
i want a daw that works.
i want looper to stop crashing my sets.
oh, and share.

also, even though i rarely ever use them; i want ableton to sit down and think long and hard as to why live is about 500% more prone to crashing when working with thirdparty plugins then any other daw, then i want them to fix it.