Something strange is happening...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
roxxx303

Something strange is happening...

Post by roxxx303 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:33 pm

1. No new beta since Oct 13, 2010! This is nearly 1 month...

2. The beta-testing-section in the forum disappeared...

Will Santa Claus bring us something to forget the cold outside? :roll:

(I had a dream...)

ark

Re: Something strange is happening...

Post by ark » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 am

Perhaps Ableton has enough certified trainers that they are limiting beta testing to them.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 am

roxxx303 wrote:1. No new beta since Oct 13, 2010! This is nearly 1 month...

2. The beta-testing-section in the forum disappeared...

Will Santa Claus bring us something to forget the cold outside? :roll:

(I had a dream...)
it just had stopped to crash all the time..
the last betas before 8.2 was the first ones that worked somehow for all setups..
So i guess they go for L9 now...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 am

ark wrote:Perhaps Ableton has enough certified trainers that they are limiting beta testing to them.
its called rectified rainers..

but would be great if theese guys would do the betatesting.. Or?
better than leaving it to anonym fanboys as before... The rainers pay themself to earn with the program. they have a personal interest to have ot running properly.
Crashing on simple tasks would ruin any rainer performance..

but than again..all rainers use apple pro books.. and that was the ones that was running allwright with L8 from the start... they only got problems when ableton tryed to fix the program for the others...
And has a rainer real production loads in stressy enviroments? ... many of L8´s problems only showed up on heavy loads..
Just a handfull tracks and clips as you would have in a demo..fine.. 30 more of them.. crash
the rainer force can only add to an internal real betattesting...

dum

Post by dum » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 am

ark wrote:Perhaps Ableton has enough certified trainers that they are limiting beta testing to them.
Whoever their private beta-testing circle is...they need to get rid of them. Or if the live8 debacle wasn't the beta-testers fault, then they need to listen this time around.

And on the topic of certified trainers, they are the biggest fanboys of all. It's in their interests to hype up the program and play the apologist for it's flaws.. more than any other end-user no matter how fanatic. as you say 3phase, they're making money on this.

I bet quite a few just see the beta period as a head-start to get their live9 content ready.

Plus, have you even seen the tutorials some of those trainers put out ? It's real, real, real basic stuff. Like how to drag an instrument from the browser on the left to a track in session view. I kid you not. I don't think their cliental are all that discerning, in other words they are total newbies and will have bought live9 on the strength of it's advertised functions or some glorious magazine reviews more so than putting the program through it's paces in a demo.

Professional musicians as beta testers = good
Shills & content peddlers as beta testers = bad

of course, when/if the beta goes public it's open season.

[/speculative rant]
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 am

professional musicans dont have time to beta test

and a rainer at least knows the program in detail.. and has to learn and check new details..

the normal fanboys that did the betatesting in the former years was just high about the new toys and havent checked the programs core functionality at all...

dum

Post by dum » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 am

3phase wrote:professional musicans dont have time to beta test
Pay them for their time...then listen.
But granted it's probably easier said than done. Still, they'd make the best beta testers as they make their money through gigs, projects, meeting deadlines. Not telling newbies how to export a wav.

Btw...would you involve yourself in a private beta test ? I'd have much more confidence in the private-beta-test if someone like you was doing it.
3phase wrote: and a rainer at least knows the program in detail.. and has to learn and check new details..

the normal fanboys that did the betatesting in the former years was just high about the new toys and havent checked the programs core functionality at all...
the normal fanboys from the former years are the trainers of today, they're one & the same.
And a trainer/content peddler makes money regardless. When the program starts crashing the newbies don't complain to their trainer... and the type of cliental that hires one of these trainers isn't the kind of person who can assess much from a demo IMO. Basically I don't think trainers have as much of a vested interest in the program's stability as you make out.

blargh.
Last edited by dum on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 am

dum wrote:.

Btw...would you involve yourself in a private beta test ? I'd have much more confidence in the program if someone like you was doing it.
I was involved in the 1 year L8 beta test..and it was way to expensiv.. i really lost money on it.
So i ve enough...
the normal fanboys from the former years are the trainers of today, they're one in the same.
And a trainer/content peddler makes money regardless. When the program starts crashing they don't complain to their trainer... and the type of cliental that hires one of these trainers isn't the kind of person who can assess much from a demo IMO.
true.. but ableton has showed them now how the program works.. at least they know a little more now...

dum

Post by dum » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 am

when was the last time you seen a trainer on the forum here complaining about the serious issues with Live 8 ?

I rest my case.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 pm

3phase wrote: and a rainer at least knows the program in detail..
not sure what your definition of "detail" is, but it sure doesnt match mine.

agent314

Post by agent314 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:03 pm

professional musicans dont have time to beta test
They do however have time to make thousands of posts on internet forums detailing the problems they have with their choice of gear though

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:17 am

Live 8.2.2b, not Live 9.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 pm

What the fuck do you think the rest of us do all day?

We can’t exactly beta test at work, commuting on crowded public transport, or at the gym, or doing DIY or while spending time with the kids or any of the other things “non-pros” have to do every day.

What exactly makes your time so special?

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

andydes wrote:What exactly makes your time so special?
he's 3phase. no time to betatest, but time to create it's own blog-style rant in the forum :)

in other news, new beta horray :)

btw, 3phase. 8.2 is the first one that randomly crashes on me. so the prophecy seems to be true: once finally it start to behave rather bugfree for everyone else, i get bugs :)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

3phase

Post by 3phase » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:29 pm

andydes wrote:
What the fuck do you think the rest of us do all day?

We can’t exactly beta test at work, commuting on crowded public transport, or at the gym, or doing DIY or while spending time with the kids or any of the other things “non-pros” have to do every day.

What exactly makes your time so special?

wat are you talking about? we was not talking about my time..we was talking about ableton having pro musicans as betatesters...

they wont get any because they dont have the time..

besides..pros dont use ableton live ;-)