krk vxt 8 or hs80m?

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
RoCi

krk vxt 8 or hs80m?

Post by RoCi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:01 pm

i cant really decide. im trying to upgrade which have a better sound? do both catch the low freq good?

Superchibisan

Re: krk vxt 8 or hs80m?

Post by Superchibisan » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 am

Blue Sky Exo2

much better than both of those.

juanlittledevil

Post by juanlittledevil » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Go with the KRK's they really do sound amazing, but in all reality I suggest you make your way to your local audio shop and do the following:

A) Bring some commercially recorded music you know.
B) Bring some of your own music.
C) Listen to as many monitors as you can.

In my opinion, try to stay away from systems that require sub-woofers as you don't really need them to produce. I've use a pair of 20/20bas for years and I'm still perfectly happy with my setup. Also take a look at some of the monitors which use ribbon tweeters rather than silk, as they will enable you to have longer sessions since they are less harsh on your ears. Make sure that the amp is powerful enough to playback low frequencies. Better monitors will have at least 2 amps (one for the low and one for the high frequencies).

Lastly the what you plan to use them for. I think the blue sky setup is fine for multimedia applications, but I wasn't sold for studio use as it tends to color the sound a bit.

KRK monitors are really a best bang for the buck, they sound much better than other monitors at that price range. If you can afford it I'd look at ADAM or dynaudio though. IMO they are 1000 times better than any of those.

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 am

juanlittledevil wrote:Go with the KRK's they really do sound amazing, but in all reality I suggest you make your way to your local audio shop and do the following:

A) Bring some commercially recorded music you know.
B) Bring some of your own music.
C) Listen to as many monitors as you can.

In my opinion, try to stay away from systems that require sub-woofers as you don't really need them to produce. I've use a pair of 20/20bas for years and I'm still perfectly happy with my setup. Also take a look at some of the monitors which use ribbon tweeters rather than silk, as they will enable you to have longer sessions since they are less harsh on your ears. Make sure that the amp is powerful enough to playback low frequencies. Better monitors will have at least 2 amps (one for the low and one for the high frequencies).

Lastly the what you plan to use them for. I think the blue sky setup is fine for multimedia applications, but I wasn't sold for studio use as it tends to color the sound a bit.

KRK monitors are really a best bang for the buck, they sound much better than other monitors at that price range. If you can afford it I'd look at ADAM or dynaudio though. IMO they are 1000 times better than any of those.
so they are better than the hs80m? i would think he krk are better ive heard them guitar center and man theyre not bad, i just havent heard the yamahas. nai heard the blue skys and yeah not for my purpose. lol

juanlittledevil

Post by juanlittledevil » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:26 pm

I personally would take the KRK over the yamaha. I've got a pair of the vxt 6 series at work and they give even the dynaudio monitors we have a run for their money (tho I still prefer the dynaudios). I have to say they sound quite nice.

bulo

Post by bulo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Test them... you'll choose the Yamaha.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

flippo

Post by flippo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:41 pm

KRK better than dyn? that's an uncommon opinion.

Asking people on a forum about what monitor is better is always going to be a little fruitless really. It's such a subjective thing; everyone listens to different music, everyone has different shaped ears, different listening history, expectations and tastes.

I was almost absolutely certain I was going to buy KRK when shopping for monitors, based on online reviews, word-of-mouth, and forum threads not too dissimilar to this one. When I actually went in to the city to make my purchase and listened to them I was not impressed at all. I thought the midrange was really flat, no detail, sloppy transients. They just didn't sound like what I wanted to hear. I preferred the cheaper events.

Then once I heard the Dynaudio BM12a I ended up quadrupling my budget :oops:

My advice: spend some time listening to many monitors, and DO NOT listen to monitors outside your budget as you'll either be disappointed or broke. hehe

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am

I personally would take the KRK over the yamaha. I've got a pair of the vxt 6 series at work and they give even the dynaudio monitors we have a run for their money (tho I still prefer the dynaudios). I have to say they sound quite nice.

...just thought I'd chime in. ;) :?:

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:32 pm

so i went to check out the monitors and well, i like the hs80m better than the vxt 8, i even chose it over the jbl's. man quite surprising what those hs80m sound for its price.

bulo

Post by bulo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 am

8)

I was sure!! Someone with ears would also be.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

RoCi

Post by RoCi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 am

bulo wrote:
8)

I was sure!! Someone with ears would also be.
yeah i just got them in yesterday. now im just wating on my profire 610 to go with it. what do yall think about the hs80m with the profire 610

roodbwoy

Post by roodbwoy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:57 am

HS80M baby, also got them, much better then my old colored KRK's