Amp = Fail

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

???

Win
41%
Meh
41%
Fail
18%

Total votes: 123

mescalin

Amp = Fail

Post by mescalin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 am

I'm sorry, it's just ableton for the most part, I'm sure we'll all agree are pure win, but well this plugin sounds awfull!!!

I feel I must rib them about it to renforce to them that most of us, the loyal abletonites, understand your philosphy and don't want some Logic esque pig dog of random plugins package :)

(although admittedly I very much enjoy electric.. thanks)

Ableton 8, NI Massive, Max 4 Live, other stuff

agent314

Re: Amp = Fail

Post by agent314 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:17 am

Your confusing poll is fail

I like Amp and use it all the time. Sucks for you if you can't make it work for your purposes, but I've enjoyed it quite a lot.

Zeddy

Post by Zeddy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:40 am

I have yet to use it on a guitar (as I am not a guitarist), but I have been putting it on synths ever since it came out and I think it sounds fantastic. It adds a really great grit to my basslines and is definitely getting some kind of use in everything I have made in Live since it came out... so I'm not complaining at all. I really really like it.

dum

Post by dum » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:16 am

ShelLuser wrote:First of all; why look a given horse in the mouth ?
If it's not an ableton promotion, that's exactly what you do.

Anytime there's a thread where people are excited about another developer's software or promotion you'll be in there with your mega-critic hat on.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

dbfs

Post by dbfs » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:07 am

It will sound better once you know its made by Softube... NOW load the plugin and try it again... 8)

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:08 am

Amp=win.

simples.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:43 pm

I like it a lot for clean guitar tones.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:48 pm

It came for free and is on a par, or better than, the offerings which come in Logic, DP and Cubase etc.

Anyone requiring more - buy Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig 4, Magix Vandal etc.

Given it came for free, it's a bit harsh to diss it - it is extracted from Softtube's products (which are highly rated, especially their EQs and compressors) which sell for $599, so although it's not the whole thing, it's a reasonable subset of this, for free.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:30 pm

fuck all those amp, sample librarys , and elektric piano shits.

the market is full with all that shit.

bring bezier curves, snap to beat , record to automation view , advanced midi editing in piano roll, and lfo's !!!

e.g.:

Post by e.g.: » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:13 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:fuck all those amp, sample librarys , and elektric piano shits.

bring bezier curves, snap to beat , record to automation view , advanced midi editing in piano roll, and lfo's !!!
Bingo!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:23 pm

e.g.: wrote:
Tweaking Knobs wrote:fuck all those amp, sample librarys , and elektric piano shits.

Bingo!
disagree.

you're asking for more production tools and fewer musicians tools. I prefer the musician end of things. Live users have always debated the split between a Live music tool and a production tool. tough line to walk.

"electric piano shits"?? that's retarded, Lounge Lizard has always been considered a great keys sim. Electric is a dumbed down version of Lizard but it's pretty damn good.

another point you two miss is that Electric and Amp are simple projects. those two products were developed by other companies, all Ableton had to do was bundle them and sell them to us, very little engineering work went into that. the stuff you're asking for is almost all engineering work.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

dum

Post by dum » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Tone Deft wrote:another point you two miss is that Electric and Amp are simple projects. those two products were developed by other companies, all Ableton had to do was bundle them and sell them to us, very little engineering work went into that. the stuff you're asking for is almost all engineering work.
agreed.

But just to make a distinction, amp etc are part of the Suite License.
Suite licensees didn't get Amp for free, they paid for it. The price of Suite didn't increase, and any new Suite licensee will get amp included too for the same suite price but without having had to deal with any of the instability bullshit.

Just putting that out there, as so many seem to (erroneously imo) think Amp was a kind of 'sorry about the bullshit' freebie. Which only serves to piss off the non-suite licensees who dealt with the same BS.
Pasha wrote:Thanks dum for being so precise.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:02 pm

funny how free stuff results in so much negativity.

pinche gente...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

leedsquietman wrote:It came for free
no.. it costs 100 euro.. thats far from free
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Slightlydelic

Post by Slightlydelic » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 pm

i wouldnt say its a fail, cos if the users of this forum are indicative of the wider live user base then its probably fair to say that most live users own a guitar.