:!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RajahP

Re: :!: Own a Launchpad? Get LPC-Live !!! The missing link.

Post by RajahP » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:LPC-Live v1.0.6 is out!
Something totally awesome just got better!
Check out the MONOSEQ Mode, superb!

http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live.html
I guess the MONOSEQ mode is a Step Seq mode... Don't see anything about it on the page..
Last edited by RajahP on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 am

Sarrova-Q wrote:LPC-Live v1.0.6 is out!
Something totally awesome just got better!
Check out the MONOSEQ Mode, superb!

http://www.nativekontrol.com/LPC-Live.html
also noted in the changelog that you can now trigger group track scenes! ;-) That was quick! :D

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:12 pm

Sarrova-Q wrote:Check out the MONOSEQ Mode, superb!
My apc40 is jealous... apc got its update just before this mode was created. So we'll have to wait for our turn to roll around again. Anybody made any vid of themselves using this mode so I can drool while I wait? I would love to see it in action.

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:24 am

Willyum wrote:
Sarrova-Q wrote:Check out the MONOSEQ Mode, superb!
My apc40 is jealous... apc got its update just before this mode was created. So we'll have to wait for our turn to roll around again. Anybody made any vid of themselves using this mode so I can drool while I wait? I would love to see it in action.
no video, but it is loads of fun! ;-)

tekkers

Post by tekkers » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:07 pm

is it possible to program this lpc thing to make clips visible on the session view of ma launchpad?
am red green colourblind and can hardly tell the difference between a loaded clip and playing one

the colours in the mixer page are far better - if only cause some are dark while the others are bright
dark green or red for loaded and bright amber/green for playing - i think most folk could see that no problem

naburo

Post by naburo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:49 pm

tigali wrote:This is the best Live-related bit of kit I have picked up since I got Live. The Launchpad was good before but now it's really fulfilling it's potential. Well done Native Kontrol!
yes!
Setup:
Ableton L11 beta, MAX8, Push2, Monome, Guitars and Kemper-Amp

soundcloud, blog, twitter

transology

Post by transology » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:47 am

Again Stray, what a good work you done. It's nice to say good thing about an independent soft maker like you are :)

Questions:

Could I use 2 LP with this ?? Let's say, LP one in device mode lock and LP two on device mode on other on the fly racks.
Or use my basic user 1 and 2, session. (This one I'm sure I can.)

Can I use LPCnative with xclyph remote and you genius xclip ? It seems that there is some collision with those two together.

You new MonoSeq: Wow this is a piece gear you made there. Could we have these same (up to) 8 BARS options to program drums ?? Or, bypass the ChordScaling section ?

THanks again. You truly get my hands and my eyes out of my computer :P
OS X - L8

dave_house

Post by dave_house » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 pm

do you have to redownload / reinstall to use this Monoseq? I bought the LPC preset a couple of weeks ago and aint found it...

aphasia

Post by aphasia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:16 pm

I did do the quick reinstall and I got monoseq so you must have to.

One "problem" that I had with it is that to get back to the Main Seq page, hit the current edit button on the right again to do so.

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 pm

It’s very similar to StepSeq from Novation except that it writes directly to clips and doesn’t do probability (it does have randomization and reversing though).
is it possible to program this lpc thing to make clips visible on the session view of ma launchpad? am red green colourblind and can hardly tell the difference between a loaded clip and playing one
LPC-Live wouldn’t allow for this unfortunately, but it is possible to change this in the Launchpad’s MIDI Remote Script. This blog should help get you started.
do you have to redownload / reinstall to use this Monoseq?
You should’ve received an update email. If not, please contact support (address listed in back of manual).
Again Stray, what a good work you done. It's nice to say good thing about an independent soft maker like you are
Thank you, I appreciate the support.
Could I use 2 LP with this ?? Let's say, LP one in device mode lock and LP two on device mode on other on the fly racks.
It’s possible to have one LP running LPC and one (or more) LP performing its default functions. It’s also within the realm of possibility to have two LPs both running LPC, but you would need to use 2 instances of MT Player and you’d have to change some settings. Contact support for more info on this.
Can I use LPCnative with xclyph remote and you genius xclip ? It seems that there is some collision with those two together.
Sure, that should work fine. Can you give me an example of the collision you’re finding?
You new MonoSeq: Wow this is a piece gear you made there. Could we have these same (up to) 8 BARS options to program drums ?? Or, bypass the ChordScaling section ?
The Drum Mode’s Sequence Sub-Mode does allow you to program up to 8 bars. Maybe you mean 8 note lanes? If so, I’m not sure of a way of accomplishing that would work well with the rest of the features of Drum Mode. However, a general-purpose, multi-lane, polyphonic sequencer is planned for the future. That will take some time to sort out though.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:49 pm

is it possible to program this lpc thing to make clips visible on the session view of ma launchpad? am red green colourblind and can hardly tell the difference between a loaded clip and playing one
LPC-Live wouldn’t allow for this unfortunately, but it is possible to change this in the Launchpad’s MIDI Remote Script. This blog should help get you started.
8O ... Let me just repeat: 8O Is that seriously possible? Is anyone on the case? I have the same problem, and using the LP in session mode is next to impossible for me. Now, Novation told me there was nothing they could do about it... Looking at that blog, this is definitely not something I'd be able to pull off myself.

transology

Post by transology » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:14 am

metastatik wrote:The Drum Mode’s Sequence Sub-Mode does allow you to program up to 8 bars. Maybe you mean 8 note lanes? If so, I’m not sure of a way of accomplishing that would work well with the rest of the features of Drum Mode. However, a general-purpose, multi-lane, polyphonic sequencer is planned for the future. That will take some time to sort out though.
I do want this feature my friend !! Thanks to re-phrase it.
Last edited by transology on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OS X - L8

metastatik

Post by metastatik » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:56 pm

sporkles wrote:
8O ... Let me just repeat: 8O Is that seriously possible? Is anyone on the case? I have the same problem, and using the LP in session mode is next to impossible for me. Now, Novation told me there was nothing they could do about it... Looking at that blog, this is definitely not something I'd be able to pull off myself.
It’s definitely possible, though doing the necessary modifications isn’t straightforward unless you’re already somewhat familiar with Python. I’ll look into this and see if it’s possible to add an LED color option of some sort into LPC-Live in a future update.

monsieurpetit

Post by monsieurpetit » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Could you or someone else find a solution to the color problem?