UKRuss was not banned

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Cryptic UK

Re: UKRuss was not banned

Post by Cryptic UK » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah, UKRuss if you're reading this..... lick me balls.
Drums

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Cryptic UK wrote:Yeah, UKRuss if you're reading this..... lick me balls.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:14 pm

There's a lot of pent up aggression and frustration on these forums, including some of the people who have been banned or who chose to 'de-activate' ... calling djsynchro a 'c*nt' gives him the attention he craves and the motivation to post more of the stuff which grinds people's gears.

Frankly, I find it tedious and not worthy of a reaction. Oops - I just reacted to it by posting this. Damn !
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi, let's try to keep this civil, please? UKRuss chose to leave the forum for his own reason - we don't need to devolve into insulting someone who is no longer here.

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:45 pm

leedsquietman wrote:calling djsynchro a 'c*nt' gives him the attention he craves and the motivation to post more of the stuff which grinds people's gears.
It me smile TBH. I used to frequent these boards for the sense of community, even if it was more lurking than participating. Now I come back maybe once every few days to skim, maybe find something passably interesting to find without fail that this troll has sh*t all over the thread.

I think if you're looking for the source of the pent-up aggression/frustration you don't have to look very far. DJSynchro is not the most malicious user I've ever seen but by far the biggest attention whore. This stuff has a tendency to bring out the worst in others.

Deactivating your own account is all well and good, and I'm glad the option is there but I think rather than wasting human energy on this + moderation, it's time for Ableton to take an honest look at some kind of community-driven measures against trolls. I'm thinking something like the Digg thumbs up/thumbs down system. If a user gets enough unique thumbs ups they should be rewarded, and if they get enough unique thumbs downs they should be muted. Not banned, not censored, just quietened.

When people start calling for troll blockers* it's time to clear out the trolls.

*and not a hack like the previous troll blocking script

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Wow my post has been deleted... Time for Ableton Suicide...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:17 pm

I think the record should show that cosmo's deleted post consisted of calling DJ Synchro a very very naughty word many times over.

That is all.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:23 pm

cosmosuave wrote:Wow my post has been deleted... Time for Ableton Suicide...
Your post consisted of calling DJ Synchro a "cunt" in capital letters, repeated several times to annoy other users. Are you really confused as to why trolling like that got deleted?

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:24 pm

David, do your bosses view your work??

As a kind of 'moderator' you seem to be very reactionary, opinionated and very quick to bite.

It's all seeming very counter-productive to me as well....These foul mouthed, sarcastic, rude forum users are your customers ffs....have a chat with the sales dept mate,they may give you a few pointers beacuse I'd say it's not working big style.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 pm

David Abravanel wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:Wow my post has been deleted... Time for Ableton Suicide...
Your post consisted of calling DJ Synchro a "cunt" in capital letter, repeated several times to annoy other users. Are you really confused as to why trolling like that got deleted?

see what i mean?

You need to be more like a robot, keep your emotions in check.

steko

Post by steko » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Guff Tong wrote:David, do your bosses view your work??

As a kind of 'moderator' you seem to be very reactionary, opinionated and very quick to bite.

It's all seeming very counter-productive to me as well....These foul mouthed, sarcastic, rude forum users are your customers ffs....have a chat with the sales dept mate,they may give you a few pointers beacuse I'd say it's not working big style.

Meh. Members of this forum are far more over reactionary than David has been. As soon as there's even the hint that somebody got banned or might get banned a dozen threads on the subject appear and people start posting things that are blatantly walking the line of what is acceptable and then act shocked about it. It's like the quintessential ass hat waving his fingers around 2 inches from your face while chanting "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

And as has been pointed out and is the truth, the membership of this forum is a tiny percentage of their customers. If they completely lost the shit stirrers on this forum it would have very little impact on them.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 pm

beats me wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:David, do your bosses view your work??

Meh. Members of this forum are far more over reactionary than David has been. As soon as there's even the hint that somebody got banned or might get banned a dozen threads on the subject appear and people start posting things that are blatantly walking the line of what is acceptable and then act shocked about it. It's like the quintessential ass hat waving his fingers around 2 inches from your face while chanting "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!"

And as has been pointed out and is the truth, the membership of this forum is a tiny percentage of their customers. If they completely lost the shit stirrers on this forum it would have very little impact on them.
Still,.. a simple deleted post or a banned user with no explanation given openly to the forum would be a tad more professional.

I wouldnt even PM anyone.

Just looks a bit crap is all,,,,

(can i say crap?)

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:10 pm

There's still a huge spectrum of shit you can get away with on here that you wouldn't on most other COMPANY sites. And if you can't be "creative" within those confines then, yeah, maybe you should leave and your creativity would be more productive working on music.

I'm sounding like a shill for Ableton, but I think it's stupid when members lose about 3/4 of their brain cells and regress to a 5-year-old when this topic comes up.

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:11 pm

edited
Last edited by martinkellogs on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.