Feeling hesitant to buy Komplete 7

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BoxDJ

Feeling hesitant to buy Komplete 7

Post by BoxDJ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 am

Hey everyone, I know that Komplete 7 is on discount till tomorrow. I know that it'll be useful, I've tried the demos and I don't really know how to use them instruments to their full extent. And I feel like everything I write in Ableton has been lacking but I know that in the future, I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Anyone have any words to encourage me to buy Komplete 7?

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Re: Feeling hesitant to buy Komplete 7

Post by nuperspective » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 am

its massive [pardon the pun] i have 5 and havent scratched the surface of all thats in there. you could very easily base our entire output around the package. havent even touch reaktor yet. well worth it.

BoxDJ

Post by BoxDJ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:17 am

ShelLuser wrote:Actually.. Komplete 7 isn't on sale on the NI website afaik, that's on some reseller website. Although I don't know when the closing date of that is anymore.

But I fully agree and face the same dilemma; I've slowly grown fond of the Komplete players but when looking at my current gear Komplete 7 is simply overkill for me. 90GB worth of samples where I'm already have enough work as it is to look into Ableton's 50GB sample library (Suite and stuff) ?

So I ended up grabbing the Komplete 7 elements. No discount or such, but I get the feeling that this gives me a good dose of the sounds and effects which come with Komplete; all ready for use. But without the "bulk"; there's simply no extensive tweaking involved (like with Reaktor for example; you'd only tweak the shipped ensembles).

Just my 2 cents; for me it is the perfect substitute. I did pick up some heavier gear too (Absynth) but this should give me plenty of stuff to keep me busy for another year. Who knows; I might be more tempted to upgrade by then 8)
There's a 25% off deal at audiomidi.com that lasts till the 29th. Thanks for the advice too!

7redBl@dder

Post by 7redBl@dder » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:25 am

I thought about getting komplete 7,but then i know i would just
be in preset hell forever.I'm not knocking the quality or the price,
i just feel it would be counter productive to actually making any music
with this virtual 'sweet shop' sitting on my hard drive.
I did however find the absynth 5 offer irresistible and got the download
version yesterday.Having only recently upgraded from reason 3 to 5.
this is more than enough to be getting on with.
I've spent many years learning the guitar and i take this approach to
learning synths,sometimes less can be more.

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:33 am

It is big but l thInk kore helps manage the presets

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 pm

ShelLuser wrote: I did pick up some heavier gear too (Absynth)
and THAT alone is one seriously deep and amazing plugin.i use it daily,this never fails to impress me in terms of sheer sounddesign possibilities(which can also mean you'll get totally lost in those.....)
this would be my desert island plugin for sure.........

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:24 pm

It's hard to say, depending on what you are looking to do or create. I bought Komplete 6 a while back. I already had Reaktor and Guitar Rig. Now after a while I really only use FM8 and Massive, plus Reaktor which I have been using for years. I kind of feel like it's over kill for the most part, but the odd part is I would have not known what was overkill for me until I bought the whole thing.

I will say this, if you dont have any NI stuff, you will be purchasing a lot of cool shit. Reaktor (and everything thats good in the user library) is enough to have years of fun. PLUS Massive, FM8, Absynth, and Guitar Rig, are all amazing. Guitar rig is great for FX, and runs relatively small on CPU inside Ableton. As far as Kontakt and Battery go, I feel they are lack luster compared to what Ableton Live already offers.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Komplete 7 is simply the best companion to Ableton Live you could get. As far synths, crazy experimental stuff, real world sampled instruments like pianos, electric pianos, drums, basses, as well as effects that fill in where Ableton lacks (great synthetic reverbs in reaktor and a convolution reverb now in guitar rig, all kinds of other performance effects). Yeah, it's pretty damn big, but for the price it's unbeatable. If I was starting all over again, I would immediately buy Ableton (Basic not suite) and Komplete 7... And Maschine.
Professional Shark Jumper.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:Komplete 7 is simply the best companion to Ableton Live you could get. As far synths, crazy experimental stuff, real world sampled instruments like pianos, electric pianos, drums, basses, as well as effects that fill in where Ableton lacks (great synthetic reverbs in reaktor and a convolution reverb now in guitar rig, all kinds of other performance effects). Yeah, it's pretty damn big, but for the price it's unbeatable. If I was starting all over again, I would immediately buy Ableton (Basic not suite) and Komplete 7... And Maschine.
Its always hard to disagree with you :D I too would've went without getting Suite & got Komplete 7. I just purchased Komplete over the weekend through audiomidi.com actually. I'm already widely familiar with everything in the package (yes I used fKn cracks for years & I'm tired of it - Finally got the cash to get legit shit & there's nobody else I would love to give money to than NI) After working with Maschine for awhile now everything has changed with my production stand point. I've used less & less of Ableton's "brains". And with Maschine's newer update coming out soon to run VST's, I'm like 8O. And owning Komplete will....well....Complete it :wink: As I mentioned in another thread, Kontakt 4 alone is normal retail for 380.00 & Komplete is on sale @ audiomidi.com for 375.00--It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is fKn deal you cannot turn down. DO IT DUDE.

How the hell we can sit back & argue about its size?? For the price its at?? Its kinda like going into a dinner & seeing a breakfast special with a 3 egg omelete, bacon, hash-browns (or grits), 3 stack pancakes, bisquit (or toast) & a coffee/juice for only $6.00 and we totally turn it down because we refuse to pay so little money for so much fKn food :| ABSURD

rant over. get the damn software FFS :D

Seattle_Ray

Post by Seattle_Ray » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm

The price at AudioMidi.com was WAAYYY too good for me to pass up. I finally bit the bullet and bought Komplete 7 yesterday. I'm sure that it's way overkill and there will be some parts of the package that I may never use, but it is a very compelling deal and the parts that I know I will use would have been more expensive if purchased separately. It's a good deal. If you have the cash, you should probably pull the trigger.
Check out my blog for live musicians at http://www.TheGiggingMusician.com

Babalazarou

Post by Babalazarou » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Yep its a no no no brainer.

Has to be done. So many noises that my neighbours are gonna love

Already got Reaktor so that gives me a nice 299Euro upgrade to Komplete that runs until 31 Dec on the NI site, works out cheaper for me that way than the postage costs on top from AudioMidi.........gonna wait a few weeks as I just pulled on Kore2, Guitar Rig Kontrol and The Mouth. Happy days in many ways.
He's not the messiah.....he's a very naughty boy

blancodisco

Post by blancodisco » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Picked up the update upgrade package of Komplete 7 (coming from 5) for $149 this morning. too good to pass out. The Ni store was selling for $229 with a $60 credit voucher to get some other effect / instrument (i.e. 'the mouth'). Still opted for the AudioMidi deal instead.
benny blanco®
blancodisco
http://blancodisco.com

15" MacBookPro 8 GB RAM | MacPro 9 GB RAM | Phonic Firefly Universal | Axiom 25 | APC-40 | Edirol UM-880 | Loads of Hardware & Software Synths and Effects

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:33 pm

blancodisco wrote:Picked up the update upgrade package of Komplete 7 (coming from 5) for $149 this morning. too good to pass out. The Ni store was selling for $229 with a $60 credit voucher to get some other effect / instrument (i.e. 'the mouth'). Still opted for the AudioMidi deal instead.
I thought you get the 60 dollar voucher with the audiomidi deal as well. I was looking at that and thought I remember seeing that. I'll pass on the upgrade to 7 since I already have acoustik piano, the electric pianos and the B4 (now replaced by the vintage organs in Kontakt). Reflektor would be cool be have Reverberate. Prism looks fun but reaktor is so full of awesome that's like one more drop in a full bucket. I would like Traktor's 12 but have effectrix and other things. 60's drums? Addictive Drums keeps me satiated for drums along with Maschine. So for once, I'm actually going to not upgrade my Komplete (until Komplete 8 probably). F U gear lust, take that!
Professional Shark Jumper.

BoxDJ

Post by BoxDJ » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:17 pm

1 question though, does Komplete 7 have a Mac and PC version or is there just one Komplete 7 that works on both Mac and PC?

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:45 pm

When I bought Komplete 6 I installed it on my MacBookPro and my PC desktop. Not sure if 7 is the same but I dont see why it would be any different.