organizing plugins

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
siso80

organizing plugins

Post by siso80 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:09 pm

I have a problem with the way my plugins are displayed in ableton. i can't right click on something and delete it right? How do i edit the waves plugin list.
I have the mercury bundle. the folders show up as 6 waveshell folders and then the plugins inside of them. I have 2 problems with this. one is that i wish i could put them all in one folder called waves instead of the 6 waveshell folders and second i wish i could remove some plugins.. for example i dont need Rverb mono and Rverb stereo or pitchshifter in 3 voices and 6 voices and mono and stereo, its too much i dont want to search through all this stuff.

is there a way to trim it in live, in soundforge i can do it just fine, i can move things around, delete them, make favorite folders.

thanks
-jeremy

Killmono

Re: organizing plugins

Post by Killmono » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Heya.

Go to the root folder for the VSTs (Lets say your using MAC and these are located in your LIBRARY/Audio Plugins (Blah Blah).

Delete those you do not want in this folder and rearrange the folder here.

Then run a (Plug-ins Search) in Ableton, so it refreshes your folder.

Tell me how that goes ^^
Regards, (Killmono) - Geneden.

http://www.soundcloud.com/geneden

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:56 am

siso80 wrote:I have a problem with the way my plugins are displayed in ableton. i can't right click on something and delete it right? How do i edit the waves plugin list.
I have the mercury bundle. the folders show up as 6 waveshell folders and then the plugins inside of them. I have 2 problems with this. one is that i wish i could put them all in one folder called waves instead of the 6 waveshell folders and second i wish i could remove some plugins.. for example i dont need Rverb mono and Rverb stereo or pitchshifter in 3 voices and 6 voices and mono and stereo, its too much i dont want to search through all this stuff.

is there a way to trim it in live, in soundforge i can do it just fine, i can move things around, delete them, make favorite folders.

thanks
-jeremy
if you put them in a rack, you can save them in live devices folder, which you can arrange/rename... with the added bonus of being able to chain them together, map macros to parameters etc...
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

siso80

Post by siso80 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks you So much,
I made Instrument Racks with each individual VSTi and Audio Effect Racks with each individual Plugin that I want to use with ableton. This means I dont have to scroll through lists and lists of stuff that I wouldn't even use within ableton. Since I use Sound Forge for audio editing, I dont need all the mastering and Xnoise type plugins to be listed in Ableton. Also the chaining capabilities within the rack are really dope.

Killmono- for most plugins editing the file tree in the vst menu could have been the easiest solution, but waves plugins are listed as 6 different shells with 10 to 20 plugins inside each shell, you cant take them out of the shell in the vst folder , you have to do it inside the programs you are using. i heard that his is beacuse waves are actually dx plugins inside a vst shell

thanks again

2be

Post by 2be » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Yeah, using shortcuts is the way to go!
However, I've experienced that some plugins do not get detected by Live if they are shortcuts.