Deadmau5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Re: Deadmau5

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 am

Jacqueslacouth wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote: Remove the voice of green day, that becomes offsprings
8O

Have you ever listened to either of these bands?????
Lol I'm a fan of their music.

Hum it's true, that was not the best example :mrgreen:

But hopefully you know what I mean...

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:10 am

leedsquietman wrote:The younger generation don't seem to realize that Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder, Eno, 808 State, Frankie Knuckles or the whole Chicago House and Detroit Tech scene ever existed. They don't even know about The Orb, Laurent Garnier, Portishead, The Prodigy or whatever in some cases.
I doubt the majority of our generation (i'm guessing you're about my age - mid 30's) knew about who they drew influences from - Lalo Schifrin (portishead), Meat Beat Manifesto (for the Prodigy), Steve Reich, Cybotron, The Residents, Stockhausen, Varese - how far do you go back? No one's born with an encylopedic knowledge of music history.

FWIW i have nothing against Prog house - i think the production is strong and teh kids seem to like it. Like any genre based music some of it is formulaic but then it's functional - it has a purpose (to make people dance).

I agree there appears to be very little experimental music in the mainstream but then that's always been the way.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Really no surprise why people hate on Deadmau5. He is a guy with obvious talent, that has produced some great tunes, but has predominately chosen to use that talent to pump out commercially viable garbage in order to perpetuate his career. Since time immemorial art purists have looked down on this kind of behavior, and have received responses like 'you are just hating because you are jealous' or some crap like that. This will continue forever.

I'll give anyone props for making a career out of music, but lets face it, its give and take. If you want to make it big, really big, you often sacrifice good taste for money and fame.

joebridge

Post by joebridge » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm

That guy from the Jack In The Box ads must be pissed.
Last edited by joebridge on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:57 pm

The Carpet Cleaner wrote:
Jacqueslacouth wrote:
The Carpet Cleaner wrote: Remove the voice of green day, that becomes offsprings
8O

Have you ever listened to either of these bands?????
Lol I'm a fan of their music.

Hum it's true, that was not the best example :mrgreen:

But hopefully you know what I mean...
No worries, I know what you mean, a better example would have been my old band "Vanguard of the Proletariat" and Greenday...we were like so miffed when they first broke through on the radio in Australia..it was like "Isn't that exactly the shit we are doing?"...of course there was a significant amount of self delusion involved. :oops:

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:19 am

Jacqueslacouth wrote: No worries, I know what you mean, a better example would have been my old band "Vanguard of the Proletariat" and Greenday...we were like so miffed when they first broke through on the radio in Australia..it was like "Isn't that exactly the shit we are doing?"...of course there was a significant amount of self delusion involved. :oops:
I like the name of your band ! :mrgreen:

neal909

Post by neal909 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:49 am

one of the things i really like about dance music is that you can take what you like and leave the rest. so if you like just one song just buy that track or copy the file and leave the rest. ok, the mouse head is a bit silly but this is show business after all.

neal909

Post by neal909 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:18 pm

have just come across an advertisement for a deadmau5 sample CD/DVD, " these samples will influence house music for decades to come... "
wonder does he know about such claims and what he thinks of them.

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:07 pm

Make sure they're royalty free before purchasing - other loops attributed to him he wants $100 per track you use them in, such as the ones included in FL Studio in his name (which they have now put a disclaimer on saying they are 'for demonstration purposes only')
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

neal909

Post by neal909 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:24 pm

dont worry i wont be buying

Trypset

Post by Trypset » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:51 am

neal909 wrote: the mouse head is a bit silly but this is show business after all. ...... to some of us.
To others the farther underground the better...
TrypseT
Live 8 Full (not suite), ES-1 MKII, Microkorg, MPC 1000, 2 1200's, Ms. Pinky's, OSX, Edirol FA-101, and a crate 'o' wax