Wikileaks craziness

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
pulsoc

Wikileaks craziness

Post by pulsoc » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm a little surprised no one is talking about the Wikileaks craziness. 4chan's "anon" group seems to be growing and ddos attacks have disabled Visa and Mastercard websites (although cards still work) for refusing to process payments for Wikileaks. Attacks on Paypal didn't get too far yet, but with publicity of the action there is possibility of more people downloading the ddos software to run. Meanwhile ddos attacks have taken down Wikileaks a couple of times the past few days. No one is claiming responsibility, so it could be organized (e.g. US gov't) or not ("patriots"), or some combo.

Some folks are saying we are seeing the first real cyberwar unfolding, and it looks less organized by state powers than was anticipated. Discuss.

:x

crofter

Re: Wikileaks craziness

Post by crofter » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 pm

They will all die
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:01 pm

If my purchase of apps from the iTunes store is interrupted in any way, then they should all be put to death.

Other than that....
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

polymer

Post by polymer » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:13 am

The latest Wikileak just out. Ricky Martin: gay. Who'd have guessed?... Or have I got it mixed up with Rickileaks?

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xLyoc9DxU

everything about wikileaks in one animation :) (i love those news)
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:50 am

pulsoc wrote:I'm a little surprised no one is talking about the Wikileaks craziness. 4chan's "anon" group seems to be growing and ddos attacks have disabled Visa and Mastercard websites (although cards still work) for refusing to process payments for Wikileaks. Attacks on Paypal didn't get too far yet, but with publicity of the action there is possibility of more people downloading the ddos software to run. Meanwhile ddos attacks have taken down Wikileaks a couple of times the past few days. No one is claiming responsibility, so it could be organized (e.g. US gov't) or not ("patriots"), or some combo.

Some folks are saying we are seeing the first real cyberwar unfolding, and it looks less organized by state powers than was anticipated. Discuss.

:x
Both are probably 4chan kids. There tends to be backlashes to do gooders on that site. The internet is eating itself, shock video to be posted later.

Interestingly Wikileaks has split and another site will be up doing the same thing, so the intelligence agencies complaining about minor blemishes coming from one site are now in the position to deal with possibly hundreds of kids hosting their own leak sites. Good job governments, brain dead and reactionary as ever. :lol:

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:11 am

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:58 am

Distractions. Nothing more but governmental media induced distractions. WAG THE FKN DOG.

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 am

squelcht wrote:Distractions. Nothing more but governmental media induced distractions. WAG THE FKN DOG.
a convenient "enemy of the state" to take the focus off giving tax breaks to the rich.

or

a convenient scapegoat to hide the fact a 23 year old private with security clearance zero could access all the files in the first place and walk them out the door.

yet more misguided faux anger.

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 am

don't let yourself distract by this. please continue to talk about your ipads. consume. don't read the news. don't talk about the leaks.

(Yesterday I read about the cables about the CIA kidnappings after 9/11, and how european govs and judges had been asked to not look into this. There is this judge here in spain, Balthasar Garzon, who had been starting to investigate about certain secret CIA-flights... interesting stuff. Also the story of this german guy who was kidnapped and stuffed into a prison in Afghanistan during one year, until they found out that he was the wrong guy, he just happened to have the same name as the one they were searching for.)

Now lets get back to the important stuff, which apple products do you own? Are you going to buy another one for x-mas? I just bought an imac for my wife.

necho

Post by necho » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 am

pepezabala wrote:don't let yourself distract by this. please continue to talk about your ipads. consume. don't read the news. don't talk about the leaks.
this.

lets talk about how much shiny stuff we'd buy if we had the cash. great.
_________
sigs suck.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:08 pm

necho wrote:
pepezabala wrote:don't let yourself distract by this. please continue to talk about your ipads. consume. don't read the news. don't talk about the leaks.
this.

lets talk about how much shiny stuff we'd buy if we had the cash. great.
I'm bringing back the +1 on this.