Audio Effect Rack chain mixing question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bierman

Audio Effect Rack chain mixing question

Post by Bierman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:56 am

Hi peeps,

I am trying to set up a send/return effect whereby there's multiple instances of Beat Repeat spread each (in this instance, 8) chain in one Audio Effect Rack in a return channel. I want to set up differing settings on each Beat Repeat, but when I send from the track to this return effect, I want to be able to use a knob to sweep between the different chain's outputs, so that I only ever hear one beat repeat at a time.

I know I can map a knob to the chain selector bar but this is a "pre" fader type of situation, whereas I want a "post" fader type of situation (ie when I send from track to return channel, I want all 8 Beat Repeats stuttering away, but use a knob to decide which one we can actually hear) The issue is that the beat repeat triggers the "next" time we hit the interval - I want it as if it was always on from the second I apply the send.

Does this make sense? Hope someone can help!

Jon

dancing Ray

Re: Audio Effect Rack chain mixing question

Post by dancing Ray » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 pm

create 8 tracks that grab the audio of one beat repeat each
create an empty effect rack on each of the tracks
set chain range different on each empty rack
assign all chain selectors to one knob

I didn´t try it but it should work :)
Spiralgroove wrote:a little quantization never hurt nobody

Bierman

Re: Audio Effect Rack chain mixing question

Post by Bierman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Nice one! In actual fact you can put an audio effect rack in each chain so I don't need to create 8 separate audio channels for this, but your suggestion definitely helped. Thanks.