AdreanLynn what do you Guitarist think of this plug?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pasha

AdreanLynn what do you Guitarist think of this plug?

Post by Pasha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Spotted this and I was impressed with the demo.
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/products ... index.html
What do you think?

- Best
- pasha
Last edited by Pasha on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

kanuck

Re: AdreanLynn what do you Guitarist think of this plug?

Post by kanuck » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 pm

what do we think if we own it? or just what it can do?

i don't own it but it looks/sounds brilliant. I myself am pretty interested now.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Looks quite interesting indeed. I wonder if there's a software editor for the guitar pedal version? This plugin looks pretty cool. You could this kind of stuff with dummy clips/clip envelopes but it's nice to have it in one plugin. The pedal version would interest me more for live use though. Eventide Mod Factor pedal does similar things but I don't think it has this kind of 16 step programable step filter & programable tremolo options though. Very cool indeed. Different pedals w/ different features, I'm sure they're both nice.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm

kanuck wrote:what do we think if we own it? or just what it can do?

i don't own it but it looks/sounds brilliant. I myself am pretty interested now.
Owners are welcome but it was like a general impression.

- Thank you
- Best
- pasha
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:28 pm

You have to really like that filter sequencer thing, the fatal flaw for me is that the sequencing negates any rhythms you might yourself want to play, so you end playing just chords or long notes for pre-programmed sequences to have their effect and I find that a bit boring, you can see this in the way he plays it in the demo video.
Having said that the effects themselves have a unique quality and they are conveniently gathered in the one window.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I thought it was really cool, but I feel like I can already do that with Guitar Rig.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:18 am

JuanSOLO wrote:I thought it was really cool, but I feel like I can already do that with Guitar Rig.
You mean by using envelopes and modulation?
Mac Studio M1

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Yes.

I am sure the two programs are different. But I am sonically satisfied with Guitar Rig. When I watched the AdreanLynn post it reminded me of the guitarist from Air, showing off Guitar Rig years back. It's one of the reasons I bought it.

I Imagine the guy saying AdreanLynn has reworked filters etc, is probably true and I'm sure they sound great, they do in the video. It just did not seem a whole lot different.

If there is one thing I wish I could get out of Guitar Plugs that digital just fails to simulate, would be a real blown out fuzz, like the Z-vex stuff. If I hear something remotely close I want it.

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:04 pm

One word! Brilliant plugin with amazing possibilities......I use it on not guitar parts............... :D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

CR78

Post by CR78 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:One word! Brilliant plugin with amazing possibilities......I use it on not guitar parts............... :D
I have been running pads from my Juno 60 and Jupiter 8 through it; hours of fun.

Jacqueslacouth

Post by Jacqueslacouth » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am

I dunno, had it for a few months now, seems good when I solo with it but I am finding it really hard to sit well in any mix. IMHO it does not have the same clarity as, say, using guitar rig or even a lot of other combos of devices which can deliver similar results...I keep feeling that it makes the sound somewhat muddy. However, that said, it is immediate and fun to use, I am just not exactly HOW to use it within a song...at the moment.

I'd demo it and see what you think....I did...and I bought, and I'm not unhappy with it....just not using it much yet.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:49 pm

It's somewhat analog (close) to Max4Live Buffer Shuffer. Kind of.
.. But with a more guitarish bias.
I'm testing it...
Thanks for answers!
Mac Studio M1

faizz

Post by faizz » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 am

anybody human wrote:Looks quite interesting indeed. I wonder if there's a software editor for the guitar pedal version? This plugin looks pretty cool. You could this kind of stuff with dummy clips/clip envelopes but it's nice to have it in one plugin. The pedal version would interest me more for live use though.
Yes, "real" Adrenalinn has a software editor. It's not free as it's made by a third company, but still very cheap.

The Adrenalinn is such an underrated device: that box has plenty of things to discover.

My .02,
Faizz