APC-40 problem: Assigned Track Control knobs not working

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
quirksmode

APC-40 problem: Assigned Track Control knobs not working

Post by quirksmode » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I have assigned eq onto the Track Control section of the APC-40. I have basically assigned tracks 1-8 onto the 4 pairs of knobs (Hi+Mid combined and Bass) using the Pan and Send A to choose 1-4 and 5-8 respectively. The problem I am having is that when I click between the two sets, a couple of the knobs will lose their values. It has to be a bug because sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. It seems quite random.

Also, these dials have a single green light indicator and not the full ring like the Device Control knobs. I would love to be able to have the full ring as this is much easier to glance at and get a full representation.

Any help is much appreciated.

DAWO

Re: APC-40 problem: Assigned Track Control knobs not working

Post by DAWO » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

i asked a similar question in a german thread not long ago.

do you have your remote ports AND the userinterface enabled? if so it will not work right.

if you want to make changes in your controllers assignment you have to disable your apc40 as an unserinterface, only enable remote ports and assign all by hand.

does this help you?

quirksmode

Re: APC-40 problem: Assigned Track Control knobs not working

Post by quirksmode » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:37 am

Do you mean removing abletons custom midi script for the apc40 and assigning everything from scratch manually?