Batter 3 + Live 8 + Windows 7 (64bit) = fail

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
Orion Satori

Batter 3 + Live 8 + Windows 7 (64bit) = fail

Post by Orion Satori » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 am

I have searched these forums for hours and have already tried to get help over in the Native Instrument forums, as well as from their help desk. Nothing has worked. I'm using battery 3.0.4.1 and when I try to start up Live, it stalls and does nothing, or crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 or so times now. Any ideas?

dentaku

Re: Batter 3 + Live 8 + Windows 7 (64bit) = fail

Post by dentaku » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 pm

Where did you install Battery?
If it's in ProgramFiles it probably won't work. Live has problems with certain VSTs installed in protected folders like that.
I've installed all my VSTs in C:\VstPlugins outside of any folders that need admin rights to modify.
In fact, I've found that Battery 3 needs EVERYTHING needs to be installed this way, even the NON-VST related parts.
Orion Satori wrote:I have searched these forums for hours and have already tried to get help over in the Native Instrument forums, as well as from their help desk. Nothing has worked. I'm using battery 3.0.4.1 and when I try to start up Live, it stalls and does nothing, or crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 4 or so times now. Any ideas?

ctdf

Post by ctdf » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:40 pm

you could try copy and pasting the battery directory to the vst folders which live scans

Orion Satori

Post by Orion Satori » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Well, the first few attempts, I installed it in my VST folder outside of program files, and then, this last time, I let it go into the 86program files folder. Then, copied it over to the VST folder again. Doesn't work either way.

dentaku

Post by dentaku » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmmm... I have Battery 3 installed in C:\VstPlugins and the sounds and stuff in C:\Native Instruments\Battery 3
I did a custom install and told it which folders to use. I didn't have to move any files or folders.
ALSO: Start Live as admin by right-clicking on the shortcut and choose Run As Administrator and see if it works as admin. Sometimes you need to do that with newly installed VSTs the first time to enter the serial number etc. After that you don't need to run as admin anymore.
Orion Satori wrote:Well, the first few attempts, I installed it in my VST folder outside of program files, and then, this last time, I let it go into the 86program files folder. Then, copied it over to the VST folder again. Doesn't work either way.

Orion Satori

Post by Orion Satori » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:44 pm

dentaku wrote:Hmmm... I have Battery 3 installed in C:\VstPlugins and the sounds and stuff in C:\Native Instruments\Battery 3
I did a custom install and told it which folders to use. I didn't have to move any files or folders.
That's exactly what I did the first couple of times. Library in one spot; VST in the VST folder.
ALSO: Start Live as admin by right-clicking on the shortcut and choose Run As Administrator and see if it works as admin. Sometimes you need to do that with newly installed VSTs the first time to enter the serial number etc. After that you don't need to run as admin anymore.
I already entered the serial number...I think. I'll try that method when I'm on that computer, though. I was having trouble opening the standalone version (of batter) as well, so I think it might be a stupid battery issue more so than Live.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Have you submitted the crash reports? Also, if you're experiencing crashes, it's a good idea to get in touch with Ableton Technical Support: http://www.ableton.com/support.

Even if they were unable to fix the issue, did Native Instruments have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?