Mr. Bill - 10 Hour Tutorial Mega Series!

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
gibson_ewok

Mr. Bill - 10 Hour Tutorial Mega Series!

Post by gibson_ewok » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:49 am

Hey guys,

I just finished a 10 hour tutorial series on how I go about writing a tune from start to finish. These 10 parts include everything from writing a beats, bass lines and melodies, to structuring and arranging a song to the final mix down and mastering!

The whole track was written entirely with Ableton Live native tools (apart from drum samples)

Here is the final product:
http://soundcloud.com/mrbillstunes/mr-b ... orial-tune

Here is the project file in working order:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGR9b2lJko

To download all 10 parts of this series, a long with the project file, go to http://www.mrbillstunes.com and subscribe to become a hardcore abletoneer.

bulo

Re: Mr. Bill - 10 Hour Tutorial Mega Series!

Post by bulo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:01 pm

You could say something on your website about how much paypal want for your tutorial.
Anyway, burn paypal :twisted:
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

gibson_ewok

Post by gibson_ewok » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 am

Yeah, A lot of people have pointed that out. whoops. Anyway it's $10 a month, but you can cancel anytime.
I agree, paypal are full on with the amount of fees that take.

bulo

Post by bulo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Oh, I wasn't talking about their fees, I don't know about these as I've never use it; but about their fascism.

That's not the kind of music I do, but your "promotional" tune is very well done.
And I'll never see how it was done.
My tongue spits english like a frog and my head is currently searching for a comprehensive language.
And I shit here

seattletruth

Post by seattletruth » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

What the fudge? You say you have a tutorial series on here. I go to your stupid site and sign up to see the tutorials and it says I have to pay $10. Are you crazy? You should have said that to start with so I wouldn't have wasted my time signing up for your dumb site.

I'm all for capitalism but at least be honest about it. Your post here was highly misleading. WARNING TO OTHERS. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY $10, THEN DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Or you can probably check back here in a week when the tutorial is free, because not a single person payed for it. LOL

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:45 pm

i would have purchased it but i dont like pay pal either....

Herbal T

Post by Herbal T » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 am

I think $10 a month subscription based services for musicians is a fair deal if you want to delve in deep for their work. Especially from someone who has already posted plenty of live packs / video tutorials in an open source format.

Wanting to make a living out of music is still viable right these days?

If paypal is the root of some dark issues (which the Wikileaks saga is just one example of) ... What better way is there for people to make one-one financial transactions over the internet.?

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 am

Herbal T wrote:I think $10 a month subscription based services for musicians is a fair deal if you want to delve in deep for their work. Especially from someone who has already posted plenty of live packs / video tutorials in an open source format.

Wanting to make a living out of music is still viable right these days?

If paypal is the root of some dark issues (which the Wikileaks saga is just one example of) ... What better way is there for people to make one-one financial transactions over the internet.?
Agree, im confused to what options we have for Visa, Mastercard and Paypal.

Mr. Bill, your tutorials are among the very best out there, if not the.
Its totally worth a dollar for each hour, when seeing how much you can give in your free 5 minute tutorials. :wink: