Putting an instrument rack into a drum rack?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ChrisMack99

Putting an instrument rack into a drum rack?

Post by ChrisMack99 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:57 am

Is there a way to make one pad on a drum rack trigger more than one sound at the same time? I'm tried dragging an instrument rack onto the pad and putting 2 kick samples in the instrument rack, but only one of them actually plays. There must be a way to create layer drums in a drum rack, right?

Khazul

Re: Putting an instrument rack into a drum rack?

Post by Khazul » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 am

Just make sure all those you want to stack have the same input note in the note selector for the instrument in the drum rack.
Nothing to see here - move along!

lapssone

Post by lapssone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:30 am

The drums stand out I can not do, or already appeared on the market

Zeddy

Post by Zeddy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:41 am

There are several ways to do this, but I think the easiest is to have each drum hit on a separate pad, then take one of the pads and drag it over onto to the other, but make sure you're holding down Command if you're on a Mac, and I guess maybe Control if you're on a PC, but I'm not sure. This will then create a Multi pad which is essentially a drum rack within a drum rack, and all the routing of notes is already set up for you. You could of course do this manually, and drag another drum rack onto a pad, and then set up the receive and play notes accordingly, but doing it like this with the Multi pad makes it a lot quicker.