Dr Dre uses Ableton on a HP Envy?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Styles Bitchly

Re: Dr Dre uses Ableton on a HP Envy?

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:04 am

aisling wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:I'm sick of seeing this Dr.Dre fool everywhere nowadays. Now HP has an ad on TV with this dimwit advertising some kind of subwoofer enabled laptop (imagine that). What a sellout. Not too long ago, that moron was selling drugs in the New Jersey projects and now look at him. Money for nothing. A talentless hack...another one of those hophop-beatz-loopz-turntable-samplerz twiddlers lookin like a fool wid his pantz on da ground. Bleh. :o
:lol: :lol: :lol: poop smear 4 da win.
8O

:mrgreen:

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:08 am

H20nly wrote::lol:

maybe one day when you've been making world famous tracks for over 20 years and others have also risen to fame on top of your beats, companies will offer you huge contracts to put your name on things... then, some fella on a forum will probably hate on you for it too... :P
I already made my fortune designing and selling psychadelic rubbahs back in the 80's....something legitimate. Now I just relax, drink cognac, and buy music gear off the internet all day. :P

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:03 am

beats me wrote:
True that, but having not seen the video, don't you think he might use some kind of laptop for gigs? Or are old school Hip Hop artists also still holding on dearly to vinyl? If so he probably has his own vinyl press too.

Imagine being able to get a hold of pressed vinyl of instrumentals that were actually used by Hip Hop artists for their live shows. 8O
Dre hasn't done gigs in years, if not decades

He doesn't own his own vinyl press (they are huge, and honestly, their aren't many left in the USA, less than a 1/3rd there were 10 years ago I believe).

Many major label rap artists use an Instant Replay machine for their live shows. It's essentially a machine w/ a huge hard drive that you press a button and the song plays. Idiot proof, plus doesn't skip like vinyl or a cd.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:03 pm

they are huge, and honestly, their aren't many left in the USA, less than a 1/3rd there were 10 years ago I believe
I am not sure about that. I mean there are overall less places where you can press vinyl, for sure, but I don't think all these presses just vanished into thin air. Maybe I am wrong.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:16 am

Da hand wrote:
they are huge, and honestly, their aren't many left in the USA, less than a 1/3rd there were 10 years ago I believe
I am not sure about that. I mean there are overall less places where you can press vinyl, for sure, but I don't think all these presses just vanished into thin air. Maybe I am wrong.
I know so. I worked for a vinyl distributor, who was the largest customer of the largest vinyl pressing plant on the East Coast.

The presses / facilities are huge, the overhead is low, therefore when they go out of business...

They don't get bought.

They don't vanish into thin air, they are likely sold for scrap, or maybe sold back to the original builder so they can be recycled back into new presses.

It's no secret though, the music industry is a shell of what it once was, people think it just affects stores and major labels, but the reality is it affects tons of adjacent businesses; publicists, radio promoters, pressing plants, distributors, music magazines, the list goes on and on.

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:52 am

thursday
Last edited by martinkellogs on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 am

or he might be seen using one of these real soon...
http://indamixx.com/indamixx2-pro.html

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 pm

Actually, I've heard that this is "Dre's" current rig. :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:

maybe one day when you've been making world famous tracks for over 20 years and others have also risen to fame on top of your beats, companies will offer you huge contracts to put your name on things... then, some fella on a forum will probably hate on you for it too... :P
I already made my fortune designing and selling psychadelic rubbahs back in the 80's....something legitimate. Now I just relax, drink cognac, and buy music gear off the internet all day. :P
oh so you're striving for nothing and just hating for the sake of it. 8)
talking out your ass does seem like it could be a fun retirement plan. grow old gracfully and all that...
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:17 pm

H20nly wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:

oh so you're striving for nothing and just hating for the sake of it. 8)
talking out your ass does seem like it could be a fun retirement plan. grow old gracfully and all that...
Hating? Where do you see or find any hating? 8O

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:41 pm

I don't want to encourage you or anything, but Styles Bitchly is kind of a kick ass screen name.

It reminds me of a character that Fee Waybill might have created back in the 70s/80s.

I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Yeah Man...."The Tubes". :D

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 pm

I've been running around the house for the past 2 hours with this kind of outfit on:

Screaming at the top of my lungs:

I'm STYLES BITCHLY! I'm STYLES BITCHLY!
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:08 pm

page 1
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.