RIP LoopStationZebra

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: RIP LoopStationZebra

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:If you keep sweet talking me like that I'll let you lick it off. But only if you keep sweet talking me. I do have standards, you know. :P
you dirty little cornholer you!

welcome back.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:48 pm

:lol:

Well, I'm off.

As part of my penance the Ableton Staff is making me visit the Link Your Music section and say nice things in at least 2 threads per week. :x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:53 pm

:D

HA!!

that sounds like a good deal right there!

- because as much as I do get a good chuckle out of you, if I had to gripe about something as it pertains to you it would be your total outspoken disdain for Link Your Music. mofos are trying... even if you don't like, you don't have to dog.

oh and... FUCK STEVE! :P
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 am

alex.the.forge wrote: erm… how do you figure? He did turn up at Neb's forum shouting his mouth off about how he was going to test the "unmoderated" bit...

alex, are you chaps missing me yet over at Neb's place? I wrote Neb a nice short email stating that I was shocked at how much he seemed to despise me, that I thought we'd always been good buds exchanging friendly jabs, and that I wished him well.

He wrote back and basically took about 20 paragraphs to tell me how much of an asshole I was, lol.

Tell him 'toodles' from me, eh?

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:47 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
alex.the.forge wrote: erm… how do you figure? He did turn up at Neb's forum shouting his mouth off about how he was going to test the "unmoderated" bit...

alex, are you chaps missing me yet over at Neb's place? I wrote Neb a nice short email stating that I was shocked at how much he seemed to despise me, that I thought we'd always been good buds exchanging friendly jabs, and that I wished him well.

He wrote back and basically took about 20 paragraphs to tell me how much of an asshole I was, lol.

it feels like you are trying to put alot of effort in chasing away the veterans of this place. why so?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 am

martinkellogs wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:

it feels like you are trying to put alot of effort in chasing away the veterans of this place. why so?

Let me ask you some questions first:

Why did you self destruct as djsynchro? After a long period of fairly respectable forum contributions?

Why did you nearly single handedly ruin the forum for everyone else with constant Apple slogans which were symptomatic of a very jealous nature?

Why did you feel the need to start a new account with the martinkellogs moniker and continue posting absolutely meaningless SHIT?

Why were you operating two screen-names at the same time, yet both were fairly similar in personality?

Why didn't you come back as djsynchro, but decided to come back as martinkellogs?

Answer me those questions and I'll do me level best to answer yours.

:P

martinkellogs

Post by martinkellogs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:17 am

what is the tactic for making me look like i'm synchro?

MPGK

Post by MPGK » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:He wrote back and basically took about 20 paragraphs to tell me how much of an asshole I was, lol.
Sorry to say that, but you're only making yourself look like an asshole. Either you're reading what you want to read or you're simply trying to stir up trouble. It's not cool to claim people are insulting you when they're even inviting you to rejoin. All this butthurt is really ruining the off-topic chilling experience.

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:I wrote Neb a nice short email stating that I was shocked at how much he seemed to despise me, that I thought we'd always been good buds exchanging friendly jabs, and that I wished him well.

No dude, it wasn't "20 paragraphs" or whatever you say, it was about the same length as your nice short email.

He posted the exchange on his forum.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Neb wrote:
You are welcome to sign up again.

- Abid

On Dec 29, 2010, at 4:42 PM, loopstationzebra wrote:

lol, That's okay Neb.

Listen, man. You and I will probably never interact again but I must tell you I was pretty shocked over how much you seemed to despise me. I always thought you were a cool guy, and honestly thought that our back and forth at the Ableton forum was in good fun. We seemed to enjoy busting each other's balls. ? Never realized that you felt the way you do. The Apple/Mac stuff was always tongue-in-cheek with me; I own 3 PCs and use them and love them, lol. I'm down in Texas on a regular basis and was even going to see if you wanted to hook up sometime, lol.

Well, it's prolly falling on deaf ears at this point but I do wish you the best.

ps. please tell forge that he's still a cunt.

<360.gif>

David (or whatever your name is) -

I don't despise you, only the monstrosity of your online ego. Our back and forth used to be just fine, and the consensus is that up until a year ago, you were a pretty cool guy. Then something changed. Your jabbing went well past the lines of acceptability and turned into mean spirited offensive trolling. You may have noticed that at the end before you got kicked out of Ableton, you were one of the few people who was still laughing at your posts. Most everyone else didn't think it was funny anymore.

The best part of my forum is that we have a great time without ever being so totally fucking douchey to each other. There is simply no reason for it. We are still just as tongue in cheek and just as witty as ever, and no one offends anyone.

You probably won't care much for my response. But since you took the time to write me, I felt it was worth it to give you some honesty.

- Abid

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 am

smutek wrote:.

He posted the exchange

Why am I not surprised. :lol:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am

MPGK wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:He wrote back and basically took about 20 paragraphs to tell me how much of an asshole I was, lol.
Sorry to say that, but you're only making yourself look like an asshole. Either you're reading what you want to read or you're simply trying to stir up trouble. It's not cool to claim people are insulting you when they're even inviting you to rejoin. All this butthurt is really ruining the off-topic chilling experience.

*meh EDITED because I'm done with this. You're right. Time to chill*

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 am

I don't know man.

I thought his reply was direct, honest - but still pretty respectful to you - but you are making it out like he was shitting all over you or something.

Just curious, do see any merit whatsoever in what he wrote?

How often do you think you can call people cunts and tell them to go fuck themselves and that sort of stuff and think that they are cool with that?

I know you think "it's just the internet" - Well, I don't know that but that does seem to be your general theory. "It's the internet, get over it". That isn't really an excuse man, at least not for everyone. Some people get tired of that. You can say that you don't care but that's obviously not true because if it were you wouldn't be back on this forum because you would'nt give a shit.

It isn't that people are sensitive or whatever either man, it's just that some people handle themselves online a lot like they do 'in real life' - maybe not entirely, but there's a lot of cats that if you met them they wouldn't be much different than their online persona.

I know you aren't like your online persona man - for one I've heard that you are a pretty mellow and cool cat on the street - also, if you spoke to people on the street the way you do online you definitely would have ended up with a crow bar across your mouth and thrown into a dumpster a long time ago.

So, I don't know man - why so abrasive in your online persona? Shit man, it may be a small thing to you - but if people - decent people man - are getting offended by it and turned off by you than why not step back and take a look at that shit? Are you really that type of dude that just doesn't give a fuck? Come on man, I don't think you are.

I'd much rather get along with you for sure.

Sorry for the '20 paragraphs' and I'm definitely not trying to flame or battle you, just some food for thought.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:09 am

^smutek, I get what you are saying and I think I have reflected on it and come back here with a different attitude. I wrote a smarmy response to MPGK, but edited it because I thought "what the fuck am I doing? Why the fuck do I want to say that shit for?"

However, I want you to consider something as well: That my behaviour on this forum isn't half as bad as it has been built up to be. I've been a dick at times, sure. But mostly to dum, for God's Sake. :lol: In fact, I think the only time I've actually called someone a cunt was to him? I think I've certainly been abrasive. But this near 'raging asshole' label that I've been saddled with is, in my opinion, not warranted. The notion of a scapegoat for a forum's ills is certainly not unheard of.. Not saying that I didn't deserve be banned, because I did. What I'm saying is that my bad behaviour started becoming more myth than fact. Then, when David showed up, I got pissed and said "Fuck it. Why not start BEING that asshole?" So I notched it up and it got me tossed out on my ass.

But this notion that I've just been this mean spirited offensive troll is silly.

In fact, I'll end with this:

Only just this past October I started a thread called Top Reasons Why Neb Is Awesome. It was a good bit of fun in a thread that only lasted a couple of pages, but Neb contributed and we all had a good laugh. Jesus, he even ends the thread with a pic and *hugs*.

Next thing you know, I'm on his forum and he thinks I'm the FUCKING DEVIL and dipped in shit.

:|

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... &hilit=neb

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:... I've been a dick at times, sure. But mostly to dum, for God's Sake. :lol: In fact, I think the only time I've actually called someone a cunt was to him?
LoopStationZebra wrote:..

As always Smutek put it like a true gentleman and scholar.

For the record, despite your comment there I was one of the first people saying Neb should let you back in for basically the same reasons Smutek just said here - that you would probably be really different if you were being your real self and not this anonymous persona that is "LoopStationZebra". Basically for the simple reason that on Neb's forum it's not so easy to be an anonymous douche because everyone knows each other on first name basis and respects that there are real people at the other end. Something that used to happen here.

None of this is overreacting or getting too involved in the internet, it's just that it's really, really boring coming to the forum and having to skim past a load of shit and it ends up feeling like a total waste of time. Plus whether it's internet or not, it can still make you feel a bit shitty to have people dump shit on you even anonymously in text.

Personally, I think if people here had more of their own real life persona out in the open they would be less inclined to act like arseholes and more likely to act like they would in person with real people.

In the mean time the only way to do it is with moderation.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:14 pm

alex.the.forge wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:... I've been a dick at times, sure. But mostly to dum, for God's Sake. :lol: In fact, I think the only time I've actually called someone a cunt was to him?
LoopStationZebra wrote:..

As always Smutek put it like a true gentleman and scholar.

For the record, despite your comment there I was one of the first people saying Neb should let you back in for basically the same reasons Smutek just said here - that you would probably be really different if you were being your real self and not this anonymous persona that is "LoopStationZebra". Basically for the simple reason that on Neb's forum it's not so easy to be an anonymous douche because everyone knows each other on first name basis and respects that there are real people at the other end. Something that used to happen here.

None of this is overreacting or getting too involved in the internet, it's just that it's really, really boring coming to the forum and having to skim past a load of shit and it ends up feeling like a total waste of time. Plus whether it's internet or not, it can still make you feel a bit shitty to have people dump shit on you even anonymously in text.

Personally, I think if people here had more of their own real life persona out in the open they would be less inclined to act like arseholes and more likely to act like they would in person with real people.

In the mean time the only way to do it is with moderation.

I never called you a cunt on the forum - in public, that is. Having said that, I've never hidden the fact that I don't like you. Posting the bit where I seem to be calling you a cunt in public is disengenous. You're a smart guy. You know this.

The Good Old Days.
My God, forge. Honestly. Before the Lounge was created, General was an absolute madhouse. There were ENORMOUS fights and name calling. It wasn't all like that, of course. Just like The Lounge isn't half the hellhole you guys want to make it out to be. I submit to you, however, that the WORST days in the Lounge simply pale by comparison to the venom that was swirling around General for sometimes months on end. If you want me to post examples - where forum regulars and the Great Old Timers - are behaving like absolute shitheels to one another and other people, I'll be glad to do so. This behaviour seemed to run in phases. There was no moderation, but it would die down somewhat, then re-emerge. Pretty soon the Lounge was created; in part to get that stuff out of General/Main.

You and others want to think that things have changed. That it used to be all roses. This is nothing short of nostalgic hindsight; borne out of the fact that new members started coming around who were behaving, well, pretty much like you guys did and it rankled you.

The first thing I noticed before joining this forum was that it seemed to be full of absolute 100% dyed-in-the-wool smartasses. Many Old Timers around here used to pretty much pride themselves on being as Dickish as possible to newbies who either a)Didn't show the proper respect or b)Didn't use the search button when asking a question or c)Both. God help the poor fool who called you guys out on your behaviour. wow.

Saint Neb
The hypocrisy and santimonious pious bullshit is so thick at this point, you could cut it with a knife. The guy has 15,000+ posts here at the Ableton forum. Most of those are good stuff. Neb was a stalwart around here, there's no doubt. But he could also be a raging A-Hole. Case in point:

nebulae wrote:Dude, as a Muslim-American, I find you to be insulting at best, and at worst, a stupid fucking moron. To say things like "put their house in order" labels us as some sort of collective...like we have an agenda. My wife is Catholic and white, and we celebrate the best of both religions. Our son has no sense that there's anything wrong with either religion, and more importantly, we wouldn't care if he decided to become jewish, hindu, or buddhist. (I might have issues with him becoming a satan worshipper, though.) The point is there are bad people out there, and it has nothing to do with what religion they espouse. Osama is a bad person. So is W and Dick. And that's that.

For you to say this kind of closed-minded insipid shit makes me pity you. Please carefully rethink your white-christian-ness while you go fuck yourself. Asshole.
:lol:

His response here - in the middle section - was measured and proper. It's the Stupid Fucking Moron, Go Fuck Yourself and Asshole bits that sort of stand out, if you know what I mean. :P Totally unnecessary. There's a lot more of those kinds of posts. I'd be happy to continue shattering the illusion that Neb is just all sweetness and love if you'd like. There's a looooooot of examples, believe me. Most of which aren't prompted by some white racist dude. The difference between you and me is that I didn't mind his choice of words or tone one bit.

Perception Really IS Reality
Just like I pulled an extreme example up for Neb's behaviour, you guys have taken my worst(?) moments and blown them up way beyond proportion. I just did a random search of my posts and would invite you to do the same. I did several 'Go To Page' searches and was oddly shocked that for every 1 post where I'm being a smartass and/or dickish, there's prolly 10 or more where I'm acting perfectly normal. Hell, at this point I was even starting to believe how much of an asshole I was, so imagine my surprise when I find that most of my responses are without any vitriol whatsoever. :lol:

Look, I accept that my dickishness did start to get out of hand the last month. Guilty as charged, okay? But some of you have gotten so incredibly sensitive that even the slightest bit of bad behaviour is amplified 10fold.

The reality is that the atmosphere around here that many of you created and fostered is no longer appealing; for a variety of reasons. You'd like a Lounge that's all sweetness and love and no one gets their feelings hurt. It's not about wanting people to be people and not some anonymous persona. If that were the case, then assholes would be allowed to be assholes because, well, life is full of assholes and you have to deal with them.

No, it's about wanting everyone to conform to what you lot think are acceptable standards of behaviour; regardless of personality types or what someone may be like in real life. Well, you've gotten that now in spades. Congrats. So now you have 2 forums that are pretty much the same, lol.

In closing, while I admit my shoddy behaviour at times, I make no apologies. I'll certainly adhere to David's *admittedly subjective* rules, and who knows? Maybe you'll come to love me.

^see what I did there? The 'come to love me' bit? Smarmy.