Where do I find these samples in my library?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Peripatetic

Where do I find these samples in my library?

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:55 pm

This weekend I was going through some old Computer Music mags and messing with a tutorial called "Jamming with Live". One of the first steps in one tut. said, "Drag a four-bar drum loop into the first slot.......we're using the Drum19-HIP loop from the Ableton Live Library - it's in the Drums/Hip-Hop folder." I spent a minute looking for that folder and that loop but couldn't be bothered to look too hard so I just grabbed a random loop of my hard drive and moved on.

Then later in the same tutorial:

"...and drag an audio clip into the first slot of the Audio track. We've gone for the Horn06.wav sample from the Live Library, in the Horns folder." I couldn't find that folder/sample either and started thinking maybe I was missing a whole mess of samples that are included with Live? Does anyone know how I would locate that stuff in my browser? I did a search for both samples and neither were found. I also did the repair library thing just in case. That didn't change anything either. I'm sure I'm just overlooking something obvious...
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

longjohns

Re: Where do I find these samples in my library?

Post by longjohns » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:35 am

maybe check for compatibility packs on the ableton downloads page

could be samples from previous versions

Peripatetic

Post by Peripatetic » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 pm

longjohns wrote:maybe check for compatibility packs on the ableton downloads page

could be samples from previous versions
I had only ever downloaded the Live Packs under "Live 8 and Suite 8" (Session Drums Update, Sound Objects Lite, Live 7 Legacy). I assumed all the ones from previous versions on the Archives page were only for those versions?
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:45 pm

not necessarily. look which version the magazine article is using, and get some content packs which might cover that time period

Peripatetic

Post by Peripatetic » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 pm

longjohns wrote:not necessarily. look which version the magazine article is using, and get some content packs which might cover that time period
I downloaded all those old packs this weekend. Never did locate the samples from that tutorial but at least I now have loads more stuff that I obviously didn't need cos I didn't know I was missing it in the first place. :oops: