New synth for the new year (drone,industrial, metal, noise)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kristoffer1989

Re: New synth for the new year (drone,industrial, metal, noise)

Post by kristoffer1989 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:11 am

The Dark Energy is a great synth.
A really nice oscillator, two lfos that both go up and do full audio-rate, = 3 oscillators, a really nice oscillating filther, some patchingpossibiilities(wow what a word, didn't spell that right), you can midicontrol almost everything if you're a little clever.

any of your pedals got cv in? then you can use the lfos++ from the doepfer to control it.

great little noisemachine =)
Kristoffer Lislegaard
Myspace - Soundcloud - Vimeo

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 am

I was at the point where I was going to buy a Dark Energy then I came across the FutureRetro XS.

I bought it and have not regretted it.

I write industrial/noise music and must say that combined with your effects pedals you will have a great arsenal.

The bass is brutal too!

esky

Post by esky » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 am

Working with Reaktor is:
-Open the program (pull the vst to your track)
-Pull an ensemble (synth,effect...whatever)from the browser inside the "frame"...
-and off you go...

Is that a learning curve? Come on ! You can master other functions later.
For me Reaktor is by far the best synth and effects software around. Possibilities are endless...

If you want to go hardware i would not choose a dark energy, not because its not sounding good, but it has limits connecting with other parts of your setup. Check out the stuff by MFB
, like Kraftzwerg or Microzwerg or go for a small Eurorack system...

vicz

Post by vicz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm

I wouldn't discount Omnisphere but for HW nothing sounds like a Moog. Nothing. :(

silveriofunk

Post by silveriofunk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:19 pm

reaktor man, even with the steep learning curve (if you want to create your own ensembles), all the stuff that it comes with and all the stuff that you can get for free from the comunity makes it for me the best purchase i have ever done, ever....

fx23

Post by fx23 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:12 pm

also, i saw a bit the stuff you were after in the past, and give a shot at usine like another user was saying ya in
the feedback thread you made once. it's not a synth but you will do so much things with it, especially in experimental area.

you can just use the free version that is fully functional, just limited in nb of tracks. the learning cuve is definitely
not one day, but much shorter than maxMsp or reaktor, and way more fun to use once you catch it's logic.

you can create complex audio routings with the harware you have if you got a multi IO soundcard and save/recall them on the fly with presets, use build in samplers and grain samplers as well as any of your vsts inside of it that you can control in unusual and unmatched ways (instant snaphots, morph between presets, randomize any/all params, use peak, zero crossing, pitch analysers, enveloppe folowers to control whatever VST param you want or midi remote your hardware, various stepped or curve automations ect, and build your own personal mad patches, and then your own UI shortcuts to control them live in no time.