LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ST8

Re: LiveControl: Automap for TouchOSC (ipod/ipad)

Post by ST8 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

#1thelark wrote:Can you run touchOSC on a iphone 2g without wifi?
maybe if you jailbreak and use mywi?

for those of you having issues with the latest release i suggest completely deleting the LiveControl_TO folder and reinstalling with the new installer. Sometimes it doesnt properly overwrite the files.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 am

Hello ST8!

First let me tell you I love your app!
I have the iPhone, and it works great with it. Looks super cool graphicaly also. The iphone screen is very small, so im considering geting an ipad. However, ive used Nano studio a lot lately, and while the note sequencer is a bit to tiny, the rest actually works rather well. Split screens help out a lot. Some examples: keyboard + 2 XY pads, keyboard plus synth parameters, and so on. Im also using Native Kontrol for the APC 40. They also have some briliant ideas on the interface. I recomend checking them out! The only problem is that you have to remember all the functions, as the APC dont have text feedback. And while Native Kontrol perhaps have the best ideas ive seen so far, its still a big set back without text feedback. With Native Kontrol you can have 2 device controls, or 1 device + 8 single track sends, mixer, and sequencer/drum pads/keyboard/clip triggs at the same time. Btw, the ipad has a lot more screen space. A 3 octave wide keyboard would be sweet! Nano studio fits 2 octaves wide on the iphone, and it actually works. In adition they have a pitch wheel, mod wheel, and 2 xy pads on the same tiny iphone screen space. Remarkably, its actually easy to use.

On the iPad theres a lot more space then the iPhone. it would be great if Livecontrol had splits like this. Eksamples: mixer + device control. Device + track control, 8 sends for each track above mixer (check native kontrol for apc40 videos on their home page) Any combination actually would be great. Maybe a split screen system where one could scroll throuh the upper and the lower section, I dont know.

I would also love to see one day an interface that mimics the ableton interface! With open/close window buttons in the corners, and scroll bars on the sides, etc. A minimal touch version sort of, where one could operate the live gui as suposed, but remotely with touch. I find it strange that the APC 40 design did not mirror the live gui better. But then again we now got touch screens!

jockster

Post by jockster » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi guys,

I've just managed to get it working! Feelin so happy now. Pads + Keys are working at least. What should i Do to make launchers, mixers and the other tabs available in Ableton?

Thanks

Akzel

Post by Akzel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:23 am

Looks amazing, but still trying to make it work, lol.

Akzel

Post by Akzel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:49 am

Forgot to add:

I can't get the infamous red box on Ableton. I select LiveControl TO, I have Python 2.7, etc, etc, and I still can't make it work. :\

gDo

Post by gDo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:49 am

Any Windows7 users??!! I am have some peculiar problems.

I have midiyokes installed, I have the livecontrol added to the device list, the layout loaded to the phone, and LiveControl Installer.jar intalled.

I open the LiveControl.exe and chose the livecontrol option on the phones network options in touchosc,
the LiveControl.exe reads my phone and shows up in the dropdown menue, I set it to 'out to midiyoke1' with ports outgoing 5000 and incoming 5001.

Then when I start Live the red box comes up but the program is not receiving midi information as signified by no blinking yellow light in the upper right. I have the midi settings set to have midiyoke1 with the track 'on' and the remote 'on' I have the livecontrol selected with the midiin set to midiyoke1 and midiout to midiyoke1 and still nothing

What am I missing!!!!!?????!!!!

pandabr

Post by pandabr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Guys!!!
I have my LiveControl working perfect on ableton 8.1.4.
Now i install the version 8.2.1 and the LiveControl dont work more...
The Device LiveControl TO dont show in the abletons Midi List...
Some Help???
Thanks!!!!

kooperativ

Post by kooperativ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 pm

You will probably have to reinstall Livecontrol using the installer that ST8 provided. LiveControl TO should show up after a restart of live then :)
enjoy

pandabr

Post by pandabr » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Wonderfull!!!! Thanks so much!!! I Forget that!!

stax67

Post by stax67 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to route osc through livecontrol?

I have a touchosc template that I have made and I want to add it to the end of the livecontrol touchosc template as an extra page and be able to route the osc through to m4l. The problem is m4l and the livecontrol app can't bind to the same port so I need to some how pass the osc messages from my extra page through livecontrol and the on to my m4l device.

Is this possible?, I am sure it used to have a router in the .txt file, but I think that was an pld version.

Cheers,
Stax.

stevep314

Post by stevep314 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:38 am

Strange the pads work...i see the midi comming into ableton but the clip launcher doesn't work.

I also see the red line in ableton...

weird?

I'm using Ableton 8.2.2 / Mac OSX 10.6.7 / Installed Python 2.5.1 / TouchOSC 1.7.1

Also can I get the Screen on the ipod (of touchOSC) to move in the arrangement when I move around on my ableton live on my mac?

I want to use TouchOSC on my ipad as a screen instead of the computer that I control with my APC40. I would only need it to move around when I move around on the APC40. Is this possible?

thanks,

Steve

daroach

Post by daroach » Wed May 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Could someone provide step by step instructions for installing TouchOSC? I have been trying to work with it for six days and my TouchOSC sees my PC when I press the Sync button but nothing happens when I try to sync.

Thanks in advance,

Calvin

djinfusion

Post by djinfusion » Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Check it uot guys

I;ve got a thread running for any cool templates you make, and I've even added a few of my own.
All ready to roll with PureData and the midi mapped Ableton Project Template.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 3#p1288863

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:26 pm

daroach wrote:Could someone provide step by step instructions for installing TouchOSC? I have been trying to work with it for six days and my TouchOSC sees my PC when I press the Sync button but nothing happens when I try to sync.

Thanks in advance,

Calvin
There is a guide here: http://liine.net/livecontrol/livecontrol/installation/
It works fine for me, until I get to Nr.5. From here on, nothing happens.
5. Wait for 10 seconds, then select “LiveControl” from the “Found Hosts” section of TouchOSC’s Network configuration. Set the incoming port to 5001 (outgoing should be automatically set to 5000)
I had it working "out of the box" last year. Some how, this year it doesnt seem to be just as easy. :)

brasax

Post by brasax » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm

LiveControl is working so far but the Ableton template for TouchOSC has some issues:

Under devices nothing is shown. The Dev+/- are not working at all... What I'm doing wrong?