Adjusting track volume after recording volume automation

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Peripatetic

Adjusting track volume after recording volume automation

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Pretty sure this is a stupid, basic question.

Also, sorry if it's been covered extensively.

If I record volume automation on a track and then later want to lower the overall track volume, what is the best way to do it without having to drag down all my automation?
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

fx23

Re: Adjusting track volume after recording volume automation

Post by fx23 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:31 pm

add an utility device. some people prefer automate the utility device and keep faders to adjust.

Peripatetic

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 pm

fx23 wrote:add an utility device. some people prefer automate the utility device and keep faders to adjust.
Boss. Thank you.
iMac, Ableton Suite 8, NI Komplete 7, NI Maschine, NI Kore 2, Reason 5, Arturia V-Collection, Akai APC40, Novation SL49 MKII, Akai MPK88, NI Audio Kontrol 1

buzby

Post by buzby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:51 pm

i used to use utility to automate volume but it only goes down to -35 ... i think that's right - i m not looking at abe

so you are not getting the volume completely down to zero

you can group any devices in you track and use the chain volume for automation, which will get the volume down to zero
https://hiddensound.net/
https://linktr.ee/hiddensound
Sound Devices mix pre 3 and 10Tii, various Sennheiser mkh, dpa, LOM, Audio Technica microphones

Peripatetic

Post by Peripatetic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

buzby wrote:i used to use utility to automate volume but it only goes down to -35 ... i think that's right - i m not looking at abe

so you are not getting the volume completely down to zero

you can group any devices in you track and use the chain volume for automation, which will get the volume down to zero
Cool, thanks!