Midi control and MASSIVE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nx1

Midi control and MASSIVE

Post by Nx1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Well, Im working on a set that has 3 sequences of NI MASSIVE on it and when i switch between synth tracks and try and play some notes and tweak it, my midi controller wont produce the sounds of the patch i have up, rather the sub bass track i have in the set...

In other words, i open a patch and try to play it but the controller is stuck controlling the sub bass patch no matter which different patch i open.

Sorry if that was a little unclear, i did the best i could to explain it.

Oh yes, and if it helps, i have an Akai MPK25.

JuanSOLO

Re: Midi control and MASSIVE

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 am

So you have 3 instances of Massive, such as 3 Midi Tracks witch all have an instance of Massive?

Are the different instances receiving the proper Midi Channel? Are your Midi Tracks Midi in on channel (???) accepting the proper channel?

LightFireSound

Post by LightFireSound » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 am

Make sure the track with the massive patch you want to play is armed.

Nx1

Post by Nx1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 am

JuanSOLO wrote:So you have 3 instances of Massive, such as 3 Midi Tracks witch all have an instance of Massive?

Are the different instances receiving the proper Midi Channel? Are your Midi Tracks Midi in on channel (???) accepting the proper channel?

Correct, 3 tracks which all have a different instance of Massive. and sorry, im relatively new to midi set up.. channel? do i need to set up some sort of separate channels for each track so itll tell the controller to control that track? coz as of now i am just clicking on said track i want to control and it will remain to control the other track...

kinda dumb i know, like i said, beginner with midi.

Nx1

Post by Nx1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

LightFireSound wrote:Make sure the track with the massive patch you want to play is armed.
problem solved... i knew itd be something stupid like that. thanks!