Ableton Crashes when i drag audio from the browser

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
monkeysee

Ableton Crashes when i drag audio from the browser

Post by monkeysee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 pm

When i drag and drop an audio track(song, sample, whatever) from the browser , 50% or more of the time ableton crashes, i have no idea why, before i get really angry and contact them, i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if theres a special way the library should be set up, any help would be appreciated muchos.
ps, using 821
thanks, shane

Mister36

Re: Ableton Crashes when i drag audio from the browser

Post by Mister36 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Just so other people might be able to help (as I can't really), supply the spec of your machine.

And also, try "repair the library" in Preferences.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:41 pm

It might be related to what plugins you allready have loaded. I remember I used to get this alot back in the early v8 days whenever I has Sylenth1 loaded.
If you select a track and double click to load an instrument however it didnt crash.

Havnt had this happen for a long time now though.
Nothing to see here - move along!

monkeysee

Post by monkeysee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:12 pm

im on windows 7, 2.1 ghz intel.
i have bass station, although i havent used it yet so it defintiely isnt open when the crashes happen

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Then stop it! Damn it! :D
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Isturite-

Post by Isturite- » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:49 pm

It's sad... ableton just crashes, for all kinds of things... every time I find a solution to my crashes, I find something new to crash Live with...

Even when I saw Mimosa do a live set recently... he got a crash in the middle of his set... I sat there laughing thinking in my head "fuck ableton! I'd hate it if I didn't love it so much!"
Kevin Welch
[Isturite]

http://www.soundcloud.com/isturite

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 pm

monkeysee wrote:When i drag and drop an audio track(song, sample, whatever) from the browser , 50% or more of the time ableton crashes, i have no idea why, before i get really angry and contact them, i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if theres a special way the library should be set up, any help would be appreciated muchos.
ps, using 821
thanks, shane
by all means, contact them, they want to and need to hear from you. send them your .als file.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

monkeysee

Post by monkeysee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Isturite- wrote:It's sad... ableton just crashes, for all kinds of things... every time I find a solution to my crashes, I find something new to crash Live with...

Even when I saw Mimosa do a live set recently... he got a crash in the middle of his set... I sat there laughing thinking in my head "fuck ableton! I'd hate it if I didn't love it so much!"
Man thats my nightmare having it crash onstage! do many people have experience of this? why is it so damn unstable?! :|

Yeah im gonna contact them and see whats going on