Communion of Acid and Bass

Share your tracks with other users.
sinnatagg

Communion of Acid and Bass

Post by sinnatagg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:28 am

Acid, bass and heavy, heavy bass in this latest piece.

Gods of grind Autopsy also makes an appearance :twisted:

http://sinnatagg.synth.no/mp3/Badass&Si ... utopsy.mp3

mccar320

Re: Communion of Acid and Bass

Post by mccar320 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm unfortunately at work without headphones today, so I had to play this very quietly, but I liked what I heard (basically had my ear up to the speaker on my computer monitor). I love that 303 sounding synth, did you use a real one(it sounds pretty damn close)? You chopped the drums nicely, sounds like you have a couple breaks going on (once again, listening very quietly on crummy work speakers). One of them sounds like the Amen break, which I think has been raped by newbies since beatmaking got really popular a few years ago, but you used it very well with some excellent drops.

I'm going to bump this on my monitors when I get home and I'll give you some better feedback, but from what I heard, it sounds very good when played quietly on some stock dell speakers. Nice work!

FOCUS

sinnatagg

Re: Communion of Acid and Bass

Post by sinnatagg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:14 pm

mccar320 wrote:I'm unfortunately at work without headphones today, so I had to play this very quietly, but I liked what I heard (basically had my ear up to the speaker on my computer monitor). I love that 303 sounding synth, did you use a real one(it sounds pretty damn close)? You chopped the drums nicely, sounds like you have a couple breaks going on (once again, listening very quietly on crummy work speakers). One of them sounds like the Amen break, which I think has been raped by newbies since beatmaking got really popular a few years ago, but you used it very well with some excellent drops.
Thanks for listening in! The acid sound is a preset from Gladiator, I usually hand roll my acid lines but that preset is so very nice :)

That break is from the the 160 bpm folder of a very old akai cd :? Well I'm proudly unhip and if a well placed amen will send the hoodies, b-boys and dubstep converts back to the bar, that will be the good deed of the night. Anyho the breaks and deep bassline is meant to set off that old skool vibe, so an old skool break isn't that out of place methinks ;)

Happy music making

-a