Ableton Live 8 suite - bug city

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sasha1978

Ableton Live 8 suite - bug city

Post by sasha1978 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Rather than release countless version after version of Live, perhaps the Ableton developer team should first concentrate on getting the product right at source in terms of eliminating the plethora of unacceptable bugs which is testing the patience of even the most revered Ableton fan, rather than creating an expanding portfolio of instruments and its musical boundaries at quality expense.

The current strategy is merely short changing their customers with these bug laden versions. Already and i never thought i would see the day, I have already been looking at countless videos of Logic in the event that Ableton can not get this right and I am sure that I am not the only one. You don't hear this nonsense with the apple product.

I am referring to the Live 8 suite which i recently purchased for my Mac book pro i7 and to which I am annoyed about to say the least.

Some of the strange and wonderful bugs i am currently enduring:

1. When you drag the award winning Zebra Zebralette VST into a mix. The mixer volume starts crackling in the channel in which the VST is hosted, it doesn't matter which track i put Zebralette in, it still does so and the whole crackling sh*t starts EVEN when the VST is not playing any notes, the volume in the VST hosted track, dances upwards and the interference starts.

2. Perpetual crashes when using the Arturia V collection.

3. Number 3 is probably the most annoying and un acceptable bug - When i have a set loaded and playing and I go to arm the VST in another track, the prior clip to which i have spent all day programming changes SIGNIFICANTLY acoustically. If i wanted the clip to sound like that, I would have designed it in that manner from the first place.

The Ableton team advocates taking off the delay compensation for this, i have done so this and in doing so, seen no success. This must be a standard paragraph for the live team as you always get fed this.

4. The volume on the master fluctuates with out touching it. ( unacceptable )

So the final question is.

When is Live 8 suite going to be fixed and the patches released to fix all this. We are now in 2011.

Without prejudice.

Chris

Hamilton, Bermuda.

Rave

Re: Ableton Live 8 suite - bug city

Post by Rave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm

What version of Live 8 u running fella?

sasha1978

Post by sasha1978 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Rave wrote:What version of Live 8 u running fella?
The cuurent version as seen on ableton website

Rave

Post by Rave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Have you tried the beta?

sasha1978

Post by sasha1978 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Rave wrote:Have you tried the beta?

no, should I.

Where is that acquirable from?

vicz

Post by vicz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Great to get some feedback from the 'coalface'.

Sasha if you think Logic doesn't have bugs take a look here http://logicprohelp.com/viewforum.php?f ... 1a70c0cc40 :wink:

esky

Post by esky » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Hey Sasha, if you do not post detailed informations about your setup, nobody can help you here.