midikatapult java set up probz

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
andy c

midikatapult java set up probz

Post by andy c » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Help please I am trying to get katapult to work on OSX I have managed to get every thing in place but the thing will only load in 64 bit mode which is very unstable at the moment. I have got to my Java settings and set the order to go 32 bit first then 64 bit which I was lead to believe would open katapult in 32 bit but for some reason it still loads in 64 and crashes within a minuet or so. Any ideas as to where to go next? Shame as this could be a very very slick piece of software that would enhance what you can do with the Live/Launchpad combo without M4L. For the record I have latest drivers OSX updates which includes Java.

Ta v much,
Andy

Mister36

Re: midikatapult java set up probz

Post by Mister36 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your troubles.

But I do have a question for you... What does Katapult do that can't be done with Automap Pro?

andy c

Post by andy c » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Tell you the truth I am not to familiar with automap pro I have it as I bought to Novation controllers when they where doing the free upgrade. So could be automap does this as well but katapult is sort of lemur (ish) in that you have a set of Controller types

-Hold buttons

-Toggle buttons

-Horizontal/vertical faders

-Horizontal/vertical sliders

-Indicator LEDs

-2D Pads

-Meters

-Progress bars

-Note output

-CC output

-Drumracks

-Keyboard macros

can handel 16 pages or setups, bi-directional communication and you can set it to run on one of the user 1 or user 2 buttons on the launchpad. This way you still have all the normal functions of the launchpad when used with live and all the extra stuff on one of the users. I think it has the makings of being a killer app just a few things to iron out, I would hate to see it fail now it has shown folks what is possible. Anyway enough mussing have a look at http://www.midikatapult.com/Katapult/Home.html for the full low down.

Mister36

Post by Mister36 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for copying and pasting the features page. :P

I had actually looked at that. I try not to ask blind questions. Especially on forums.

So does this program/app set up those kinds of pages for you? Like it has templates for each of those kinds of controllers in the context of a Launchpad?

It seems to me that you can do all of that with Automap Pro. Not sure though. And maybe not the meters and progress bars... Anyway, I just thought I'd ask because the site doesn't seem to be that explicit about what it can do and in what way it is different/better than otehr options.

andy c

Post by andy c » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Sorry I was not sure how far you had got looking at it aired on the safe side. To program it you use a text based system, initially this filled me with dread but in practice it is quite simple to do.

The good news is I have found out the Java solution....

in finder do a 'get info' over the app and one of the options is open in 32 bit simple when you know how :roll:

Not sure yet if I would trust it live yet got some work to do on that front.

Thanks for looking in on this though things like this drive me to despair sometimes.

Mister36

Post by Mister36 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:12 pm

I know what you mean. I'm the same.

Post back here when you've used it for a bit and report what it does specifically, how it does it and how well it does it. And anything else you want to comment on.

andy c

Post by andy c » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Will do mate.

gncgry

Post by gncgry » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Automap is all RED with the Launchpad. that's the most stupid thing about it.
gear: Live + 10 fingers.

Listen: goodgame

blooddcell

Post by blooddcell » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:07 am

ive used it in live doesnt seem very stable toggling between modes.
also, ive created a facebook page since the creator has been "MIA:.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MidiKa ... 4703936781