Looking for a Producer/Mixer/Engineer

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
krautrock

Looking for a Producer/Mixer/Engineer

Post by krautrock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Ok,

My band are recording our next ep on the next month or so. We record everything ourselves using Ableton Live.

Now, our last recordings were mixed and worked on as far as I could take them, but they were lacking ... sparkle! Fizz! That stuff.
So ....... any guys out there looking to take up the task? I figured it'd be worth a shot to see who was out there with a ton of skills but less experience. I'd be able to offer the finished demo song stems and whatever.

(We're electronicy/shoegazey/atmospheric ..... but we'll deal with all that later!)

Thought it was worth throwing out there! In terms of influences - stuff like (current album) Horrors, Twin Shadow, Toro Y Moi, Ladytron, Portishead, New Order/Joy Division, Andy Weatherall ....

EX

Re: Looking for a Producer/Mixer/Engineer

Post by EX » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Sounds intriguing. I like a challenge

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:33 pm

I think there's quite a few less experienced producers (I definitely include myself in that description :) ) who wouldn't mind taking a crack at mixing someone else's songs for the sake of practice. You should post a link of your previous ep though, so that people will know what level you're on and whether they'd be able to improve on what you've got. Otherwise you might end up sending it to someone who works on it for ages, only for you to be unhappy with the result - then nobody wins.

Just a thought...
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

krautrock

Post by krautrock » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Cezband wrote:I think there's quite a few less experienced producers (I definitely include myself in that description :) ) who wouldn't mind taking a crack at mixing someone else's songs for the sake of practice. You should post a link of your previous ep though, so that people will know what level you're on and whether they'd be able to improve on what you've got. Otherwise you might end up sending it to someone who works on it for ages, only for you to be unhappy with the result - then nobody wins.

Just a thought...

If anyone wants to PM me and they're serious/up for the challenge, I'll forward them the links to some of our other stuff so they can get a chance to see if they'd be up for it.

I'm certainly not against lack of experience - more prefer someone who would love to do this, and get where we're coming from.

krautrock

Post by krautrock » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:06 pm

bump