T.V.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
shimmy

Re: T.V.

Post by shimmy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 am

I turned off Boardwalk Empire.
I miss The Sopranos.
Entourage's season is always too short and is dissapointing when we have to wait so long for the next short season.

I now watch reruns of THE CHAPPELLE SHOW.

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:33 pm

POKER on ESPN needs to go.

QVC needs to stop spending a half hour trying to sell a color printer.It should only take 5 minutes to explain all the features on a color printer, and done.

shimmy

Post by shimmy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:37 pm

A&E "HOARDERS". I never knew people could live in those conditions. Though, if you go to the "POST YOUR SETUP AND SEXY CAT" thread, I see a few people heading down that path ! :lol:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 pm

shimmy wrote:A&E "HOARDERS". I never knew people could live in those conditions. Though, if you go to the "POST YOUR SETUP AND SEXY CAT" thread, I see a few people heading down that path ! :lol:
Every time I tink about keeping something I don't need i think about that show. Those people are truly fucked up. 8O
Unsound Designer

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:17 am

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 am

Anyone see No Ordinary Family?

Seeing the first clips from The Walking Dead.

I pee my pants every time one comes on....
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:31 am

Spartacus Gods of the Arena = stellar. As good as the original series, me thinks. Had no idea this was going to be a direct prequel. Very cool seeing the backstory of all the characters. VERY cool. And it's amazing how good the writing, editing, and pacing is on both of the shows. :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:37 am

Thanks for the heads up, Spartacus was really well done.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/

UK series about the un-dead main-streaming into society done in the usual understated way, def not True Blood!

Third series just airing...

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 am

djsynchro wrote:It just works.
Thank god it stopped working last year. The TV set I mean.

On the sofa/laptop screen: My wife an myself got through the slightly boring Mad Men series this winter.

Yesterday I watched the Banksy movie (Exit through the Gift Shop). This was a great movie.

Tongiht I will watch the movie about the stupid suicide bombers. What was it called? Four bears? Four crows? Four dunno?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Guff Tong wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/

UK series about the un-dead main-streaming into society done in the usual understated way, def not True Blood!

Just finished watching Season 2. meh. It was really all over the place in terms of story, character motivations, plot, etc. And the amount of whining and sulking from the two male characters? Yikes. There were some excellent episodes - like when Annie helps the medium. Or the flashback ep featuring Herrick. Season 1 was excellent.

Gonna have to grab some Season 3 eps.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/beinghuman/

Just finished watching Season 2. meh. It was really all over the place in terms of story, character motivations, plot, etc. And the amount of whining and sulking from the two male characters? Yikes. There were some excellent episodes - like when Annie helps the medium. Or the flashback ep featuring Herrick. Season 1 was excellent.

Gonna have to grab some Season 3 eps.
I was the same with season 2, I think a lot of it's written on the fly tbh, low budgets for casting etc... .....

the whining's typical british response when sharing an abode with a female (Mother replacement syndrome). :)
... its the sycophant tea making ghost that realy gets on my tits; she needs a damn good... :twisted:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Spartacus Gods of the Arena = stellar. As good as the original series, me thinks. Had no idea this was going to be a direct prequel. Very cool seeing the backstory of all the characters. VERY cool. And it's amazing how good the writing, editing, and pacing is on both of the shows. :x
I heard the reason they decided to do a prequel is because the actor who plays Spartacus came down with a serious health problem that he needed some time to recover from so instead of taking an extended break they went with the prequel.

And while I have to say last season's ending was fitting and epic I was a bit bummed because all the characters that I loved and hated are now SPOILER ALERT dead. So I'm just as stoked about this season.

My only issue is the dialogue sometimes gets a little too Shakespearean but with "fuck" and "cock" littered throughout. :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:28 am

beats me wrote:My only issue is the dialogue sometimes gets a little too Shakespearean but with "fuck" and "cock" littered throughout. :x
LOL, too true.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Light's Out on FX. Very good.